SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junkyardgirl

I can't believe I did this!

junkyardgirl
16 years ago

Well, I work at a grocery store, which is a very dangerous thing for a frugal nut like me. We marked down all our fresh turkeys (Butterball and store brand) to .59 a lb. today, and I just had to go and buy one of the Butterballs. Only about 12 lbs., and only cost $7 and a few pennies, but WHAT THE HECK AM I GONNA DO WITH IT?

My freezer is as close to full as you can get. I'm going to have to clean out the fridge, take some stuff out of the freezer that doesn't necessarily have to be in there (rice, grains, stuff like that that we store in the freezer down here to keep bugs out), and then I'm still going to have to piece it out to get it in there.

I figure I'll cut off the leg quarters, wings, and debone the breast and freeze them all separately, then make a big soup stock out of the rest.

I do not have a clue why I make so much work for myself. Here I was saying I don't even like turkey, but .59 a lb! I just had to have it. At least this way, I can cook and eat it a little at a time, and don't have to eat leftovers for days and days.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm