My drug test screening

michelle_phxaz

I go to a pain clinic for when my illness gets really bad, and since they prescribe me narcotics I get drug tested often. Earlier in the week I peed in a cup (almost impossible for those of us who shake so bad, but it was better than the catheter alternative!) and the preliminary tests they do while you are in the appointment showed I had methadone (yes, the stuff to help you off of heroin) and THC (pot) in my system. I told them I never did heroin, I am still deathly afraid of needles, and unless I didn't exhale in college I was sorry to say that was wrong too.

The final results came back negative, but Liza (my PA) and I had a good laugh.

SaveComment10Like
Comments (10)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vala55

I have trouble using a cup due to another problem. They have something called a "cap" they give me to use. No problem with it. It fits on the toilet seat, kind of like we used for our kids when potty training.

Save    
marie_ndcal

It is scary and amazing how the drug testing work. Glad it came back negative.

Save    
lazypup

You wanna give a drug test lab tech a fit...walk in with a cup of coffee in one hand an a poppy seed roll in the other....

Poppy's are the natural source for Opium and if you eat poppy seeds the test will come back positive for Opium & heroine so they can't test you for three weeks to allow that to work out of your system.

1 Like Save    
chisue

Michelle -- You should be allowed meds *prescribed to you by an MD*, yes? Heck, I take 5 mg Ambien sometimes when I can't sleep. That's an opiate. So is the Tramadol both our Westie and I have been prescribed for pain. (His was for a broken toe. Mine is for osteoarthritis when Tylenol doesn't cut it.)

Save    
michelle_phxaz

Chisue, I take AmbienCR 12.5mg every night to sleep, with this work schedule and my illness I need to be on a better schedule. Bless my manager, she had the scheduling department give me back my 6pm starts instead of the 10pms I have been getting.

I also take Vicodin for the pain, Opana for my back pain and Xanax to help the shaking. I am a walking pharmacy!

Save    
Granlan_TX

OMGosh Michelle, I don't know you do the work you do..bless your heart.

Had to laugh at this..."and unless I didn't exhale in college I was sorry to say that was wrong too". lol

Save    
sjerin

Just to clarify, the drug-testing is done so they know one is taking what has been prescribed, and not selling it. My 90-something mother had to do this as she was on narcotics for RLS for many, many years.

Save    
Jasdip

Don't forget, this is an 8-yr old thread.

1 Like Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

It may be old, but I learned something. I had no idea why they would test, and now I do. Thanks sjerin!

1 Like Save    
marilyn_c

Granlan passed away several years ago. I miss her.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
See How TVs Are Passing the Designer Test
Better-looking televisions and electronics come out of the armoire, into the room's design
Full Story
Decorating 101 Myth-Buster: The Right Way to Test Paint Colors
Here are 5 key steps to take to ensure you're happy with your wall paint color
Full Story
Most Popular New Digital Art Frame Gets Put to the Test
Our writer sets up the EO1 at home, then invites artist friends over for a look — at images of their own work. See what they have to say
Full Story
We deliver “ceiling to floor” interior design services, and 17 years of experience has afforded our team the... Read More