SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janie_ga

Ramblings of a graduate student...

janie_ga
13 years ago

I am still trying to get families (kids ages 7-9) to complete surveys. So far, I have:

1. contacted family and friends- got 5 completed packets

2. told the class I am teaching that I need families- got 2 completed packet

3. talked to people I happen to sit by at meetings- got 2 completed packet

4. (haven't had any luck with posting flyers around town or contacting family-friendly organizations)

5. handed out survey packets to parents during the neighborhood trick-or-treating (The neighbors already think we are a little weird)

6. People who have meetings with my advisor get a stack of flyers to take back to their office.

7. This evening, I emailed all the realty people related to our move to WV (took 4 agents to get us moved!), the people who adopted Stewie's mom and siblings, and a few others that were buried deep in my email account.

8. Elmo's "missing" ad ended over a week ago but we are still getting calls- those people are learning about my dissertation study.

9. Got 2 more completed surveys but I am not sure how (guessing that word of mouth actually worked!)

1. Last week, I sent invitations to 60 families that took part in other projects on campus. Hopefully, some of those families will take part.
  2. Several people have posted the flyer on their Facebook account (maybe that is where the other two came from).

Only need 20 completed packets but it is turning into a stressful, "mind taxing" exercise to think up places to locate families. If nothing else, maybe I can get credit for being creative- how many people would hand out packets during trick-or-treating!

I am supposed to graduate in May so all of you have a few more months to "listen" to me freak out. Research is so much fun but recruitment drives me crazy! LOL

Comments (21)