SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azzalea_gw

I'm just Blown Away

azzalea
13 years ago

and feel so fortunate to be enjoying today's medical advances.

20 years ago I had a kidney stone and had to wait it out while it 'did it's thing'--way more painful than natural childbirth.

This past summer--being record-breakingly hot--I had a couple more develop. Just went yesterday to have lithotripsy on the second one.

It's amazing to me, that the medical community can now treat these things so easily, and non-invasively. I really didn't have to have this (smaller) one done, but after having the first one blasted and seeing how easy and painless the procedure is, AND beings as we've long since met out deductible and out-of-pocket requirements for the year, it simply didn't make sense to wait until this one made itself known.

After an early morning trip to the stone center to get 'blasted', DH and I went out to breakfast on the way home (I was starving, of course, by then) and then last night, we went out for dinner, as well. A side benefit being that he was home for the day (a nice change from him working 12 hour days).

I just love that nowadays these things can be taken care of so painlessly and easily--and without actual cutting. What a huge difference 20 years can make!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County