SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

trying to catch up....

Purplemoon
13 years ago

Hi Gang. I'm sorry I've been 'missing in action' the last few days. From all the posts I've read and the

pictures I looked at, I've got a LOT of catching up to do. I love how busy it is this time of year with all

the decorating and ideas!!

The darn Fibro Monster turned into Godzilla and just stomped me into the ground, to the point I've been

mostly non-functioning. If I didn't HAVE to take care of my Dad and the animals, I probably wouldn't have

attempted to crawl out of bed at all. But while my body was forced into working, my head sure wasn't.

The infamous Fibro Fog (which a few of you know all too much about) was one of the worst I've dealt with.

Put me in total Zombie-mode. No reading, writing, or 'rithmatic!

Anyway, lets see if I can catch up now.

O-so-A-mazing, I absolutely could not get over that play house YOU made for the grandkids!! And the spooky decor you did for it is beyond words. Woman,you're unbelievable! (I thought you said awhile back you weren't crafty!!! Its not nice to fib, didn't you learn that one? LOL) You most definitely deserve an award for Grandmother of the Year. (possibly Sports Wife too, with the great bar set-up you decorate. Your DH sure knows how to pick a WINNER!!)

Jane, your Witch 'n Kitty Table is delightful. I see you have a lil wood cat on wheels too. Mine is a bit different, but aren't they adorable on the wheels like the old childhood toys? Your "levitating" witch hat plates are really the scene stealer tho. LOL. The witch vintage type box from AC Moore is a great piece, and what a price you got it for! Lucky you getting a Witch Nutcracker to display. (the one I wanted so badly from Target this year got sold out too fast and not available again. dang!)

Punk, your witch shirt on Jane's post is pretty cool, of course I might be prejudiced since it has a PURPLE

witch on it. LOL. I'm glad YOU think Jazz has a cute face, I think he looks pretty devious most of the time.

You can just see the wheels turning in his mind. OA better be his lawyer, he's going to need one! NanaK

wondered what he'd be up to next. Well its not letting me have any time alone in the bathroom. He has learned to open the door!! I really don't like stepping out of the shower to a door wide open at all. And now he's discovered how to turn the handle to open it.....well I can't keep him out unless I LOCK him out. I'm not sure that is an option tho. You wouldn't believe the noise he makes trying to make the door open when its locked. Sounds like a cop out there with a battering ram. Hard to take a nice relaxing shower, AND my Dad's bedroom is right beside the bathroom so he gets to listen to this. Plus it makes his little Yorkie bark his head off thinking someone is "breaking in". Jeeez. Looks like my only choice is for Jazz to always be in there with me. (tho I'm sure he'll someday decide he wants OUT and learn the door works both ways!!)

I can't win.

Dream, your Autumn and Halloween decor is wonderful! Like the others, I love the orange boots especially.

I had to laugh at you saying you just began decorating for Halloween cause of the Enablers R Us here,

and you're just "going with the flow". Boy did you nail that one! LOL.

As for your Halloween table with the black, silver, and crystal.......Jeanne used my words again...

"Drop dead GORGEOUS! Elegant! Sophisticated! Stylish! "

I'm just blown away by what you did. All these years, there's NO way I would have associated the word ELEGANT with Halloween! You proved they make a great pair tho! (I learn so much here). I honestly think that this year I've gotten a whole new appreciation for a Holiday that I never really cared for before. I've really enjoyed my bit of decorating for Halloween, and know that in the future I'll want to do more. Loving the witch stuff, seeing how well purple and silver work with Halloween things now, and all the many little tips and ideas I've saved for future inspiration....now I'll actually look forward to it next year with a LOT more enthusiasm!

Thanks, Everyone. (except for the more-shopping--more-storage-space-needed part!)

Well, this is so long that I better go post on some of the most recent posts and give you guys a break from reading.

hugs, Karen

"All I need is a nice day, a loss of 40 lbs, a cute haircut, and I'll feel a whole lot more perky."

Comments (8)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus
More Discussions