SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
floota

2009 Bloom season - playing catch-up!

floota
14 years ago

Just trying to catch up on some photos from this season - good news is, the backlog of pictures is now reduced from over 1200 to only around 550. Here are a few 2009 blooms:

Dan Trimmer's FOX HUNTER. To be honest, this one has never appealed to me ( it was a gift plant) but his year the color was better than it had been in the past 4 years.

{{gwi:952177}}

GET JIGGY was new this year, and it never was very "jiggy" here. But it is putting up a rebloom scape, so maybe the pattern will be more vivid upon rebloom.

LARRY ALLEN MILLER:

{{gwi:952178}}

LAUGHING SKIES is a favorite here.Here it is exhibiting a polymerous bloom. This year's rain gave us lots of poly blooms here.

{{gwi:952179}}

Melanie Mason's MABOU is a great performer here in the Mid- Atlantic too.

{{gwi:952180}}

As is her MANGO CHUTNEY:

{{gwi:952181}}

Jane Timmer's little MICRO DOTS has been nothing short of amazing this year. I took the first shot of it June 9th. It is still blooming and has two rebloom scapes that haven't even opened yet.

Only 3 or 4 Munsons remain here, where once there were about 30. MORTICIA remains, as it is a favorite!

{{gwi:952182}}

This was a gift from Tim Bell last fall. I'm not sure if this is the regular "form" of this plant, or if it just looked like this because it was a new plant. Although I generally avoid anything with cream base and a plum/ purple eye and edge, this one has a different look about it.

{{gwi:952183}}

A real oldie that has been here for years, and is still a great performer. ORNAMENTAL FOCUS:

{{gwi:952184}}

SPECIAL CANDY:

{{gwi:952185}}

SPACECOAST TINY PERFECTION is on this year's Stout Medal list. It is a great performer here:

{{gwi:952186}}

This is the only Josie Bomar cultivar growing here, but I like the look of it. A bit short, so it is front of the border. This is SWEET AS HONEY.

{{gwi:952187}}

And finally, WIND MASTER, a bit tailored for my taste, but nice:

{{gwi:952188}}

Thanks for looking! Season is winding down here - about 20 blooming but some rebloom scapes coming.

Comments (10)