SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samkaren_gw

Story Using TV SHows (Part 3)

samkaren
15 years ago

His friend asked "'Hey Arnold' why don't we go the short way thru 'Eerie ,Indiana'?"

Arnold didn't hear him because all the dogs were barking so he took the exit to.....

the "East of Eden". Having made a wrong turn Gomer learned that the "Harper Valley PTA" was having a big meeting. Turns out the students were upset because......

Comments (84)

• Jasdip
    15 years ago

take "Rhoda" out someplace nice after dinner, and you and "Flip Wilson" (didn't forget about you madaboutmickey) can show her a good time to get her mind off her troubles.

So they went to "Vegas" where Terry Fator was there doing his ventreloquist show. (I would love to see him!) It was awesome and Rhoda wanted to meet him. Flip has connections so they went backstage and Rhoda was starstruck.

He was telling them that he got started on "America's Got Talent" and Goober mentioned that Margie was going to be on the show next season. Terry promised that he'd watch and vote for Margie.

• matti5
    15 years ago

Because she was after all "The Greatest American Dog". Flip decided to surprise everyone at dinner and came dressed as Geraldine. Gomer and Reba did not know who it was and thought Geraldine would be a good match for Goober. Goober fell head over heals when he saw Geraldine.

• Related Discussions

How to record a tv show into vcr using converter box TR40 CRA?

Q

Comments (10)
    Is the 'channel 10' that you are trying to record an analog or digital signal? If analog, then you probably need to turn the converter OFF, so that the 'analog pass through' feature is enabled. Then tune your VCR to channel 10. (If you want to also watch the broadcast, your TV would need to be tuned to either channel 10 or channel 3 - depending on the specifics of your VCR.) If digital, then yes, your VCR would need to be on channel 3 (as does your TV.) If you are recording a digital signal though, you will get better audio and video quality by using the A/V connections from the converter box to the VCR. And same between the VCR and the TV set. I wonder if the reason you couldn't get the A/V connections to work was because some menu option in either the VCR or TV was not set to the correct input? What you might consider is to connect the VCR to the TV using the A/V cables. Period. Then use the TV tuner in the VCR for all the analog tuning for the next 2.5 months. (When watching/recording digital, you would turn the converter box on and set the VCR to channel 3.) After that, just use the A/V cables between the converter box and the VCR. This gets rid of all the 'channel 3' stuff and gives the best quality possible.
    ...See More

Story Using TV Shows.....the Ending

Q

Comments (7)
    Well done Karen!!!!! Fantastic ending!! My mind was a complete blank at times, and I was struggling to keep it going. It was a hoot!!! I had to burst out laughing at the witticisms and the pictures this story painted at times. I particularly remember when Martha made a parachute out of handkerchiefs. lol Thanks for the laughs, and the brain workout!!!
    ...See More

Part One of Gomer and Margie - Story Using TV SHows

Q

Comments (10)
    Good job Karen! I tried to search for the very first segment, but it must be bumped off the site now. So this is only the story of Gomer and Margie, which have had quite the adventures of their own.
    ...See More

Let's Write a Story with TV Shows - A Game!

Q

Comments (150)
    so they all decided to head over to "Mister Roger's Neighborhood", if anyone could restore calmness it would surely be him. He called his cousin "Captain Kangaroo" to help entertain the crowd, but "The barefoot Contessa" stepped on a rusty nail and had to be taken to...
    ...See More
  • mad_about_mickey
    15 years ago

He laughed so hard at Reba and Goober.

Gomer whispered to Reba" Isn't that that 'Fat Actress?"
    Reba wasn't sure.

Goober finally got up and introduced everyone to each other and said "welcome to 'our gang'."

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Gomer took Reba off to the side and said "we have to tell Goober about Flip". Reba agreed and they went to talk with Goober. "GooberÂI hate to tell you this but Geraldine and Flip are one in the same."
    SHAAAZAMMM! Why "ThatÂs Incredible"! IÂm going to see if he will be performing at "Comedy Central". IÂll bet any money that he will be the "Last Comic Standing"!

The gang chuckled when all of a sudden the room began to shake. ItÂs an earthquake they cried! Gomer grabbed Reba and Margie to protect them. Everyone ran to the doors to escape when suddenlyÂÂ..

• flynflower
    15 years ago

They stopped and looked around and saw a bright light and knew they had been Touched by an angel . Fear not, for I have a message from the Father she said.

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Behold..and welcome the one who will save you!!!

Gomer, Reb, Margie and the others stared in awe...Out of the light came forth a being so big he blocked the sun. After adjusting their eyes they say "Harry and the Henderson's" had some to save them.

Becuase of his size and hairy body Margie was scared and started barking at Harry. We're saved shouted Gomer!!

• acey
    15 years ago

"After adjusting their eyes they say "Harry and the Henderson's" had 'some' to save them."

'Some' of what or who, no one knew....so, in order to quench Margie's continued barking, they opted for "Trading Spaces", and jumped on the "Love Boat" for "Gilligan's Island".

When they got there, Gomer was exhausted. He splayed out on the lawn and said "I feel like I've lived "The Second Hundred Years"! Just before he drifted off to sleep, he managed to admonish Margie "Please Don't Eat the Daisies".

Margie thought about that for a second, then proceeded, (with reckless abandon, I might add!) to.....

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

explain what happened....

Margie sat down and gave Gomer his best pupply-like eyes and said...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to eat the daisies. It's just....I was being "Chased by Dinosours"! Then I met three new "Freinds". "Connie the Cow", "Courage the Cowardly Dog" and "Woody Woodpecker" stopped them from getting me!

Gomer picked up Margie and thanked her new friends for helping. Why....you guys are like the "Fantasitc Four"! Now go off and play nice and no more "Funny Business".

Margie, Connie, Courage and Woody decided to go explore their home and found themselves.....

• mad_about_mickey
    15 years ago

acting like 'the snoop sisters' ! They were into everything. After a while of sniffing here and there they had managed to put quite a distance between themselves and Gomer. Suddenly Margie looked up and realised that they were 'lost'. She was sure they had passed those 'picket fences ' before.

Meanwhile , Gomer continued to snooze on the grass.

• hallngarden
    15 years ago

Gomer said I REMEMBER MAMA saying there were going to be HAPPY DAYS, and he contined to gaze at the sky thinking

• Jasdip
    15 years ago

Gee, Margie and her friends have been gone for a while. I'd better try and find them and make sure they're not "Lost".

He walked around "Gilligan's Island" calling for Margie. He heard her barking and found her and her "Friends" frolicking among the palm trees and fallen coconuts. He called her and she came running. He was thinking that "Three's Company" for her, but 4 animals are a lot of responsibility. He decided to have a "Hart to Hart" talk with her...

• mad_about_mickey
    15 years ago

Well, now Margie, it seems like you made a bunch of 'friends' he told her. But our ship will be leaving for 'Laguna Beach' soon and you and I can't take all your friends with us. Margies ears drooped as she realised what he was trying to say.

Gomer felt so bad. He loved 'all creatures, great and small' but Connie was a little too big to take on the ship....

• Jasdip
    15 years ago

...so he called his good friends "The Beverley Hillbillies." He knew that Ellie May would take very good care of Connie and the others.

He and Margie got ready to get on the ship. She said goodbye to her friends and they set sail for "Laguna Beach."

Lo and behold, who else should be on the ship but all the chefs from "The Food Network." He was ecstatic....he loved food and he was so excited to meet some of his favourite chefs and try some of their menus. He was hoping to meet Guy, because when he got home he was going to go to some of his "Diners, Dives and Drive-ins" when he got home.

• matti5
    15 years ago

Always one for "Good Eats", Gomer set off for the dining room, but mistakenly ended up at "Paula's Party". Being a southern boy himself he knew a thing or two about cooking and decided to do some "Down home cooking with the Nealy's", but a red headed stranger approached him and challenged him to a "Throw Down with Bobby Flay".

• Jasdip
    15 years ago

Poor Gomer! He stammered and stuttered cause the only thing HE knew how to cook was Kraft Dinner.

Thanksfully Tyler Florence saw Gomer's predicament, and he challenged Bobby Flay to a Throwdown. "Tyler's Ultimate" weapon was that he can keep calm and cool, where Bobby has a real short temper.

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Gomer was so pleased that Tyler challenged Bobby. DonÂt worry GomerÂ.I learned to cook from "Caroline in the City". The only thing Bobby can make is salsa and "Chips". It was an "Amazing Race" to see who would win the challenge.

Gomer asked TylerÂ.what do we receive if we win the contest? Gomer..you will get "The Job" working for "Josie and the Pussycats" at their "Noble House". The loser will work as a "Jack of All Trades" for "Jon and Kate plus 8". And, "Just for Laughs", the loser also has to move to "Naked City".

What!!! "Naked City"!!!! GolllyyyyyÂ.we have to win Tyler! Gomer proceeded to run around the party yellingÂ."Are You Being Served?"
    As he was running around Gomer accidently tripped and spilled Chocolate Covered Strawberries all overÂÂ..

• matti5
    15 years ago

"Jake and the Fat man". An irate Jake yelled "Who's the boss" here? A visibly shaken Gomer stammered, Mr. Jake I think, "Charles in Charge". Everyone in the room was hoping that Jake would take the "Higher Ground" and apologize to Gomer, but he did not, instead he threatened to

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

a "Duel" at "High Noon" on the "Streets of San Francisco".

Then Jake said...Don't look for help either. There is a "New Street Law" that states duels are allowed. Don't confuse it with the "LA LAW". Choose your weapon young man!

Gomer wasn't scared though. He calmly said to Jake....Sir..I am not a coward but I have no intentions of fighting with you.

Jake looked at Gomer and said......

• matti5
    15 years ago

I'm sorry Gomer, I'm going to take "A leap of Faith" here because "What I like about you" is that you seem like a genuine soul, much like my "Big Brother" who I miss dearly.
    Everyone in the room breathed a sigh of relief and the party resumed...

• acey
    15 years ago

Inwardly, Gomer breathed a sigh of relief. He bent to pat Margie's head and whispered in her ear "you see, Margie, Father Knows Best".

The party continued "From Dusk to Dawn", all the while, new "Friends" Jake and Gomer talking about Jake's "Big Brother", and how Jake missed him. Margie slept curled up in Gomer's lap.

The saga of Jake's brother was an interesting yarn in and of itself. It seems Jake's brother was a fellow named "Dobie Gillis". He lied about his age in order to enlist in "McHale's Navy". He did this in hopes of sending his pay back to his poor family, and be one less mouth for them to feed. Jake wiped a tear from his eye, as he continued to explain...

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dobie always felt like the "5th Wheel" of the family. He thought "Eight is Enough" in one household. We didnÂt have a lot growing up either. We bought our groceries on "21 Jump Street" but we couldnÂt buy a lot. In fact we always used the "Fast Lane" where you could only have "10 Items or Less".

But Dobie had big dreams. He would go "Fishing with John" and talk about how he wanted to be one of those "Forensic Investigators". He attended "Schoolhouse Rock" and after the "First 48" hours he was "Saved by the Bell". A man from the Navy encouraged Dobie to enlist to fulfill his dreams

Gomer and Margie were so touched by JakeÂs story. He turned to everyone at the party and saidÂÂ.

• mad_about_mickey
    15 years ago

I too had 'growing pains' in my childhood. I understand where Jake is coming from.

I felt I would always be 'unhappily ever after', but I have learned that the world is a wonderous place filled with many good people....

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

and "As the World Turns" it's "Absolutely Fabulous"...not the "Alien Nation" most people think it is. Everyone cheered when in walked the "Wayan Brothers".

Guess where we were? they asked....we just got back from "Vegas" with Dobie. We had a "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" and drank the "Last of the Summer Wine."

Jake was stunned. You were in "Vegas" with Dobie? Wait until I see him....I'm going to.......

• mad_about_mickey
    15 years ago

'Normal,Ohio'. That's where he lives now with his second wife, "Blossom'. He met her when he was in the 'NCIS'.

Gomer knew about Normal. It was anything but.

• matti5
    15 years ago

"Blossom" lived in a "Different World" and everyone that knew her said she was "Crazy like a fox". Gomer, Jake and Margie were very sensitive to "Family Matters" and wanted nothing more than to have strong "Family Ties" with Blossom and Dobie.

The trio arrived in 'Normal Ohio' to reunite with Dobie and Blossom, but nothing prepared them for what they were about to encounter...

• mad_about_mickey
    15 years ago

there was a tornado warning and the 'storm chasers' were everywhere. 'The wire's ' were down ! Gomer exclaimed "this is the 'real McCoy'! "

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WeÂre in for some "Wild Weather". The "Wind in the Willows" was blowing everyone around. Poor "Blossum" and Dobie looked like "Beauty and the Beast". Gomer said to JakeÂwe have to find shelter! LookÂthere is a theater over there. We can wait the storm out there! Gomer grabbed Margie and held her tight so she wouldnÂt get hurt. As Jake and Gomer headed towards the theater Jake saidÂthis is the "Most Haunted" looking theaterÂ.itÂs scary!
    They entered the dark theater and heard singing. Gomer saidÂitÂs coming from that room. When they opened the door they saw "The Muppet Show" was in progress.

• Jasdip
    15 years ago

"The Muppets" were singing and all of a sudden a beautiful burst of sound and music joined in and it was the cast of "Sesame Street!"

Gomer was so excited cause he grew up with Big Bird and all the others when he was a child. He got to see his childhood heroes for real.

He was so enthralled with the music and the dancing that he didn't notice Margie jump down, till she was on stage with them. She was up on her hind feet, dancing too. He was so proud of her, that his heart felt like it was going to burst with pride. His emotions were on "Wings."

Before too long Jake said that they had better leave to find Dobie and Blossom.

• mad_about_mickey
    15 years ago

I hope 'the electric company' gets here soon, said Jake.

This worries me, that we haven't heard from them.

A 'policewoman' came up to them and asked if they were Jake and Gomer.

They said they were.

That storm came through here like 'gangbusters' she said. Have you eaten?

No, Gomer said and he was thinking that poor Margie didn't have any food either.

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We have plenty of food. There are donations from "AppleÂs Way", the "Apple Dumpling Gang", The "Banana Splits" and others. We also got donations for our furbabies from the "Food Paradise" and "Dog the Bounty Hunter".

Gomer gave Margie here plate first and she ate every bit. The "Police Woman" was happy that Gomer and Margie weren't hurt. Lots of people have injuries but we have "Dr. Zhivago, Dr. 90210 and Doogie Howser MD" on hand. We also set up a "MASH" unit as well.

Gomer looked around at the devastation and said......

• Jasdip
    15 years ago

I think I'll call my "Friends" from "Extreme Makeover." They can do a few projects in a very short period of time and get this area looking like new.

I must have been "Touched by an Angel" that Margie and I didn't get hurt. He wanted to chip in and help at the "Medical Center" They would be welcome for any help they could get.

• hallngarden
    15 years ago

Gomer thought I REMEMBER MARGIE and how much I really like her. Now the 64 THOUSAND DOLLAR QUESTION, is where we will go from here.

• matti5
    15 years ago

Gomer, Margie and the rest of the "Entourage" decided it best to head over to the "Medical Center", but quickly stopped by Dobie's "House" to check on "Blossom". She had recently undergone a "Nip/Tuck" and was heavily sedated. Gomer knew that he could not leave her alone, so he called Blossom's sisters, "Kate and Allie". Unfortunately Gomer was not aware that...

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

"Kate and Allie" were working on their "8 Simple Rules for dating" their teenage daughter. Their daughter is known around town as "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch." Kate and Allie are worried that she is going to hop on "The Magic School Bus" and head to "SalemÂs Lot" with the "Witch Hunter Robin".
    Robin, who is considered "The Worst Witch" belongs to a "Magic Users Club" located in "The Magic Garden" of SalemÂs Lot.

Kate told Dobie and GomerÂ."This is the Worst Week of my Life!" What is that girl thinking?...

• Jasdip
    15 years ago

Gomer and Dobie recommended an "Intervention" for "Kate and Allie's" daughter. They thought that was the perfect answer, and made an appointment with "Dr. Phil" as well.

Meantime "Blossom" needed someone to stay with her so "SuperNanny" was called. She came over as soon as she could, met Blossom and instantly became fast "Friends."

Knowing Blossom was in capable hands, Dobie, Gomer and Margie went over to the other end of town to see how the "Extreme Makeover" crew was coming along in rebuilding some of the homes.

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Things seem to be progressing nicely. The guys from "Home Improvement" were there and each of them had a "House" to work on. But Gomer noticed that Margie seemed upset. "What is it girlÂis something wrongÂ? Margie raised her paw to Gomer, barked and turned her head.
    It was then Gomer saw the animals that were homeless. "Oh DearÂ.good girl Margie! We have to help them too!"

Gomer grabbed his cell phone and called his "Friends" at the "Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom". He told them that there were homeless animals where he was and can they help with building a new shelter and zoo.

• mad_about_mickey
    15 years ago

Gomer went to look for 'higher ground' to build a place for all the animals so they would be safe.

He was lost in thought when some one yelled "Run for your Life !"

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It was "Austin Stevens Snakemaster" yelling. His truck had been hit by the tornado and the cages had broken when they hit the ground. Austin said the snake were loose and he had no idea where they all went.

While the others were beginning to panic Gomer kept a cool head. He grabbed Margie and told everyone that until the snakes were rounded up they could go over to "Archie Bunker's Place" and wait.

Everyone headed to Archie's where they encountered......

• Jasdip
    15 years ago

Archie in a heated discussion with Meathead as usual. Gomer didn't know if he wanted to subject Margie to that kind of atmosphere, so they left and went to see "Mary Tyler Moore". She and Betty White were having lunch together, and Gomer knew that Margie would be welcome and spoiled rotten by Betty.

While Betty was fussing over Margie, Gomer would get some much-needed rest. He's not used to all this excitement and pressure.
    He was wishing that he was back with "Andy Griffith", where life was simpler.

• mad_about_mickey
    15 years ago

Mary lived in the next town over called 'Cheyenne'.

Mary and Betty were good friends and were remembering when they were the 'toast of the town'.

Gomer was shown to his room , soon he fell into a 'twilight zone' sleep.

He began dreaming about his old friends Opie, Andy and Aunt Bea ....

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

But Gomer woke with a start. He could no longer "Dream On". I'm not going to be the "Fall Guy" any longer. I feel so small here in this "Land of the Giants". I must take Margie to the "Last Place on Earth" where there are no "Far Out Space Nuts".

So Gomer gathered his friends and told them he was taking Margie home to Mayberry. Mary and Betty choked back tears and said..we understand but let us take you both out for dinner and a show. With that the "Fantastic Four" headed for "Pee Wee's Playhouse".

• Jasdip
    15 years ago

On the way, they were distracted by a film crew. It was "Animal Planet" just finishing up at Marilyn's house. They got pics of her raccoons and possums. They took one look at Margie and wanted to do a segment on her as well.

Gomer figured it would be a good idea. Between "Animal Planet" and "America's Got Talent", she would be a "Nashville Star." Who knows, maybe with "The Dog Whisperer's" help, she could have a lifelong career!

He had stars in his eyes, picturing her doing television interviews on "Good Morning America", "Oprah", and Jay Leno on "the Tonite Show."

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Gomer was day dreaming about the talk show circuit when someone tapped him on his shoulder. Gomer turned around and saw it was Pee Wee Herman. Pee Wee said...Gomer..I know what you are thinking but don't do it. I don't want you to get "Caught on Tape" and end up on "America's Most Wanted". Go back to "Mayberry" and forget about this "Star Search". Don't put yourself or Margie through that.

Gomer came down from his "7th Heaven" and thanked Pee Wee. You're right my friend...this is not for me or Margie. And with that Gomer and Margie headed towards.....

• matti5
    15 years ago

The place where they truly belonged, Mayberry. Gomer had experienced so many ups and downs on his journey and finally deemed himself a true "survivor" and often times he and Margie felt like "heroes" to the many people that needed his help. Gomer prayed that Mayberry was still the same innocent place that he had come to know and love. So, "In the heat of the night", Gomer and Margie boarded a bus and headed home.

• mad_about_mickey
    15 years ago

Gomer had just settled Margie in her seat when this voice behind him said "Hi"- my name is 'Joe Schmo' and this is my wife 'Cybill'...where are you headed? he asked.

Margie stood up on the seat and peeked at the man and woman behind her. She started barking! She was so excited! They were each holding a little dog and each one looked just like her !!!

Whoa, Joe Schmo said. Your pup looks just like our, 'Pixie and Dixie'. Then he frowned.

Where did you get that dog? he demanded.

Uh-Oh thought Gomer.....

• Jasdip
    15 years ago

This is Margie. I got her from the "North Shore Animal League."
    I've had her for years, and she's my very best friend.

Well, Joe said. We had 3 identical dogs and the third went missing. It looked an awful lot like yours.

That's impossible, Gomer stated. I bought and paid for her. They were "Absolutely Fabulous" there. We've been together for so long, that "As Time Goes By" she is more and more a part of me.

They then wondered if Margie was stolen from them, but ended up at the "Long Shore Animal Rescue." Regardless Margie belongs to Gomer and he couldn't wait to get to "Mayberry" to be among his "Friends" again.

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Joe still wasn't convinced. Our dogs each had a distinctive tatoo on their bellies. Joe picked up his video camera and said..I want this "Caught on Tape". Gomer picked up Margie nervously...please don't have any tatoos he thought. Margie turned on her back and luckily she had no markings. Gomer was so relieved he said "Happy Days" are here again.

Joe apologized to Gomer and said we will continue looking for our lost puppy. As they continued down the road Gomer saw something out of the corner of his eye....

• mad_about_mickey
    15 years ago

why that looks like....yeah ... it is !!!!

It was his old friend ! 'Oh, Susanna' he called.

The woman turned and he saw that it wasn't her. She walked over to him and said .....

• samkaren
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I get that all the time. Ever since my "Extreme Makeover" everyone calls me Susanna. My name is "Allie McBeal". She turned to walk away when Gomer said oh.I thought you were related to my boyhood friends "Starsky and Hutch".

• Jasdip
    15 years ago

Oh, I lived next door to "Starsky and Hutch". We hung out all the time, you may remember me from then. They were sure "Happy Days" for me. I was a real tomboy as a kid, and when I grew up, I was told to start acting like a lady, and I did, cause "Father Knows Best."

So now I own a shop called "Designing Women" and it's a huge success.

What are you doing these days?