SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sjca

Lily316, my sister did the same thing as your dh :(

sjerin
13 years ago

My 57-yo sister thinks she can do anything, even after back surgery a couple of years ago. She was up on a ladder over her deck made of Trex, thank goodness, to get leaves off her roof. One step onto the roof and either the ladder went out from under her or she just lost her balance. Most fortunately, she "only" badly broke in several places her tibia. Surgery this morning to screw an exterior rod to her bones, ankle to thigh, then permanent surgery when the swelling goes down in a week or so. Friend who was helping her with the leaves was in the front and heard her scream, so at least she wasn't alone at the time. Maybe now she'll realize she's not super woman after all.

I was just up there for our mom's 90th, and now I think I'll need to get on that darned airplane again--how I hate to fly! Luckily her son is going up in a couple of weeks for a visit. Thanks for listening to me vent.

Lily, I do hope your dh is doing better. I suppose his recuperation will be long-ish--can you give us an update?

Comments (9)