SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hiddenacres32

Need advice about an invitation to my DH that did not include me.

Anne
8 years ago

As a background, My DH and I are both in our second marriages with adult children. Obviously we have long histories with different friends. We have blended our families well and I am extremely close with his siblings and parents. (Shortly after we met and were already getting serious he had a life threatening illness and was in a trauma center for over a month. It was a make or break time in that he said he would not blame me if I wanted to walk away. It accelerated our relationship and years later he is still working to get to his maximum improvement).

His family is extremely close and the siblings lifelong friends consider his parents as family.

So to the advice I need. A family friend was divorced a few years ago and is getting remarried late this spring. I "know" both he and his fiance' and we have done social things together. My DH and his brothers also do things together with the male friend. I am not as close with them as I am with some of the other family friends. My DH's best friend I would consider my friend as well. This couple, let's call them Joe and Mary are more that when we all go out to dinner or to the horse races or have a bar-b-que with horseshoes and cornhole we all have fun.

Really...I am getting to it....A wedding invitation arrived to Joe and Mary's wedding. It was in a single envelope (No inside envelope, just a single card invitation and a RSVP card) and was addressed to my DH.

He was excited about it and I mentioned that I don't appear to be invited. Part of me was like they don't know me well....and another part is kinda hurt. DH should go either way but should husband ask and how do you ask if I was not invited? My DH was saying it sucks when I pointed out I was not included but didn't mention bringing it up.

He will see Joe this week...should I ask him to mention it, ask another family member to bring it up or just leave it alone? Part of me wonders if his fiance' might not know the etiquette and thought it would be assumed. I would be disappointed if he came home from the wedding and said they wondered why I wasn't there.

Any advice is welcome if anyone stayed with me this long!!!! Thank you.

Anne

Comments (145)