SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bearcat_va

I need some advice/support :(

bearcat_va
15 years ago

I am getting so worked up over being a mommy to my son, Brody. He is almost 7 months old and I feel like he doesn't even like me. He hardly ever smiles and seems to cry all the time. I feel like I have the unhappiest kid in the world. I also feel like I've failed in doing something to make him more affectionate and happy.

I also worry about autism, which isn't making any of this easier (I teach students with special needs so I'm probably more aware or worried than I would normally have been).

Brody smiles only when we entertain him with tickles. He doesn't look me in the face and smile...ever. Same with Mike or Nana (Mike's mom...she watches him for us while we're at work). I'm just so worried. He cries everytime he eats a meal (but he eats everything we give him.

He was so laid back as a newborn and things have changed so much. I feel like I can't take him anywhere for fear that he will cry the whole time. He is sleeping well, though, and for that I am grateful. He did just get his first tooth breaking through on Friday, but I don't know if the teething pain has caused months of fussiness.

Thanks for listening. I just want to be the best mom I can, but when you feel like your kid doesn't even like you, it's hard to stay positive.

Comments (35)