SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygardnr

I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, November 25, 2010

luckygardnr
13 years ago

I don't usually write down her entire blog, just the recipe, but she has a good point here! LOL!

Pumpkin Pie Martini

LifeâÂÂs Ambrosia

LetâÂÂs not beat around the bush, Thanksgiving is mostly about the food. The turkey, the mashed potatoes, the stuffing and the green bean casserole. But you know, it is a celebration. It should be about the drinks too. And when I say drinks I donâÂÂt just mean hot chocolate and sparkling cider. IâÂÂm talking about the drinks with a little bit of a kick. The drinks that make you all warm and fuzzy inside. The drinks that the adults like to sip. Drinks like this pumpkin martini. With pumpkin spice, pumpkin puree, cream liqueur, vanilla vodka and half and half it is sure to add a little pep to your holiday step.

I first had a pumpkin martini on RyanâÂÂs birthday this year. It was a seasonal special on the menu at the restaurant we went to. I was a little nervous to try it because at $11 a pop I wanted to be sure that I was going to like it. Let me tell you, it was worth every penny. It was creamy, luscious and decadent. It really did taste like pumpkin pie in a glass. This recipe is my recreation of that drink. I was pleased and so was Ryan. In factâ¦we each drank 2. Hey, there is a snow storm out there. We werenâÂÂt going anywhere.

Makes 1

You will need:

1/2 cup ice

1 ounce vanilla vodka

1.5 ounces creme liqueur

1/3 cup half and half

3 tablespoons pumpkin puree

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

cinnamon and sugar

1. In a cocktail shaker combine ice, vodka, creme liqueur, half and half, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Shake vigorously until chilled.

2. Use a napkin to wet the rim of a martini glass. Combine equal parts cinnamon and sugar on a plate. Roll the rim in the mixture.

3. Pour the martini in the prepared glass and sprinkle with more pumpkin pie spice if desired.

Simple as that. I suppose you could double, triple, or even quadruple this recipe pretty easily but you should share if you do that. Or at least make sure the majority of the cooking is done before you reach for the 4th one. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Eat lots and enjoy the most important part of the holiday: loved ones.

Comments (3)