SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_va

One month ago today I hit the rut in the road.

sue_va
13 years ago

Read about it here if you'd like to.

So I took the car in and the estimator spent about an hour checking over and under the car. He had an estimate typed up with everything that was needed to be replaced, and pictures of each showing the damage.

Replace Left side air bag and holder, sensors, seat belt & retractor, buckle, control module, right front wheel, valve stem, right lower control arm, right knuckle, right bearing, right strut, right front tire.

He said they would need 3 days and we set the date, allowing time for parts to be received. By the 3rd day the tire had not come in so the car stayed another half day. I didn't have anyone to take me to pick it up that day, so he brought it to me, with a helper in another vehicle to take him back. He also took care of getting all the information to my insurance agent, and called VDOT and reported the very large hole on the shoulder of the road, and gave me the phone number to call and report it also. I called them, and two days later the road was being patched in many places, both sides.

So I have my wheels back and everything is fine. My arm is fine also. Something strange happened as a result of this incident. Off and on for years, I have had a clicking sound in my left ear. It had become almost constant and was really irritating me; nothing helped to stop it. A couple days after the incident, I realized the clicking had stopped; so far it hasn't come back. I guess a good shake up cured it. Warning: Don't try this at home.

This is the first time I have ever had to deal with an accident or a claim. I must say it was painless, not like some stories I've heard about. Small town courtesies mean a lot.

Anybody want to guess the price of all that work?

Sue

Comments (11)