SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katclaws_mo

Need QUICK Answers Plz re: Colonoscopy

katclaws_mo
10 years ago

Hello everyone,

My husband is doing the Colonoscopy prep tonight for tomorrow's 8:00 am procedure, but he is getting so nauseous, he's thinking he may throw up. I'm not sure what I can possibly give him to help keep the stuff down. He's got water, jello, popsicles, broth. (nothing red or orange or purple BTW)

He still needs to finish the second half of the prep--another liter starting at 9:35pm CTZone. Then another 16 oz of water before midnight. NOTHING after that.

He can't drink ginger-ale or sodas or tea, or coffee to begin with, just Diet Coke, but is not drinking that..... don't think it's on the list of acceptable drinks.

Don't think he can take any medications to help with the headache. I'm thinking warm washcloth warmed in the microwave???

I'd hate for him to have gotten this far into the prep only to have to cancel & reschedule. I've had 4 colonoscopies in the past, and while the prep is less than desirable, I was able to deal with it.

ANYONE HAVING ANY QUICK SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

The GI Lab is closed & I'm not sure who or if I could call at the hospital at this point.

TIA

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!