SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nurselisa_gw

Mary Ann's funeral

nurselisa
12 years ago

I am a good friend of Mary Ann's. We have kids the same age and because of their bond we formed a tight bond as well. We formed THE BREAKFAST CLUB and met every Thursday morning for coffee. I knew she was in a discussion group so I found it and saw all the wonderful comments about her. It comforted me to read your kind words. She talked to me quite often about her discussion group and many times when I needed an opinion on something she would say "I'll ask my discussion group". This group meant alot to her. Her service was today. She looked beautiful and wore a beautiful green jacket ensemble with an angel pin attached. She also had a bookmark in her hand, pictures of her grandchildren and the infamous troll doll CHEMO SABE in the casket with her. The song they played was I HOPE YOU DANCE by Lee Ann Womack. One of her childhood friends played the piano and sang AMAZING GRACE and HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW. The message reminded us that we will one day see her again and she is cancer free and her work on earth is complete so the Lord called her home. I miss her and I want to call her and ask her advice like I have so many times before but this time I would ask her "how do I go on without you"? I saw her last on Thursday before she joined Heaven on Tuesday. She was still insisting she was fine but I could tell she was tired. I feel she was ready for her new beginning on the other side and for her I am rejoicing. The flowers at her service were numerous and lovely. She touched everyone who ever knew her. Thank you for allowing me to write on your forum about her. She is and always will be MY HERO!

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor