SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

What should I suggest that my friend do?

joyfulguy
12 years ago

We got to know one another fairly well when his wife was running for Federal Parliament several years ago and I helped with the campaign ... and she was on our city's executive committee for a few years, recently.

When visiting a few days ago, he said, during the course of the conversation, that he'd won the lottery. To the tune of slightly over 3.5 million.

He has a couple of brothers and shared a substantial portion with them ... and has given quite a bit to charity ... and their favourite political party (we had an election in our province, recently).

When I asked whether he'd ridden in a limo to Toronto to pick up the prize, as many do (and are publicized for it), he laughed and asked what did I think, as he's a pretty low-key kind of guy (he hadn't - just his own car).

He said that the lady who interviewed him on video tape said that he was the worst interview that she'd ever had, as most people jump up and down, are going to go to Florida ... buy their mother (or themselves) a house ... pay off mortgage, etc. Smiles, laughter, singing ... cluttering up the place.

Ted just said that he figured that he'd give some to family, some to charity, some to favourite political party ... that was about it.

When I expressed thanks and appreciation for his generosity, he said that, he didn't know - that wouldn't many of the rsidents of our city do similarly? The potential number may be somewhat smaller, I think. When he asked whether wouldn't I act similary ... I agreed that, yes, I probably would - but I'd never get the opportunity, as I never buy lottery tickets (they being a poor investment, in my vocabulary).

So - what suggestions should I make to Ted as to what to do with the rest of the money??? (Should he happen to ask).

ole joyfuelled

Comments (13)