SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilly316

Boutique doctor

Lily316
12 years ago

Have any of you heard of this? In my adult life, I have had only two doctors except for the OB/GYNs I had for two pregnancies. I had the first doctor for 20 years until he developed cancer, but recovered and moved away. Second doctor I've had for ten years. He and his wife(a pediatrician) are very good friends with my daughter/husband . They go on vacations often and see each other socially all the time. I like him a lot. He's kind , caring, sensitive and very smart.I thought he'd be my doctor for life until he decided he was fed up with dealing with insurance companies and not spending enough time with his patients. So he left that practice with 7000 patients to open his exclusive practice catering to 600 max. No insurance will cover him and his yearly fee will be $1700 the first year. This insures 24/7 access to him, 10 office visits a year,phone/ email consultations, a 2 hour physical once a year, same or next day appointments...Since I like him so much I was thinking of it. BUT my insurance company won't pay for his referrals, and I like my insurance company. As retired state employees , we only have two to choose from Geisinger or Aetna.

Do any of you belong to a practice like this? Do you think this is the wave of the future as he thinks it is? I'm bummed because I'm with out a doctor now. I had all tests and exam done before he left and still have my records at the old practice but I'm not staying there .

Comments (40)