Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709659

Speaking of demons....

17 years ago

G0d give me strength please...I am better than this, I will not go here.

Please say a quick little prayer or send a quick blast of positive smiling energy my way...I'm in for a challenging weekend of 'estate dealing' with my sister again. Speaking of demons (hahahahahahahaaaa.....).

We are at the stage of having an accountant prepare the final tax documentation....I thought I had the last years tax return at my home. I have ripped this house apart and my DH seems to recall I put it in the paperwork container I gave dear sister when she picked up her mattresses and the remaining estate items. She never looks at stuff, just hauls it home and puts it somewhere until her obsessive compulsive personality can sanitize everything before it enters her home (I'm not kidding on this one.). I tried to call her at work to let her know that I can't find this important documentation, she was at lunch. So now I tried to email her and got a response that 'Under absolutely no circumstances are you to use my work email.'. It's okay for the accountant to contact her but not me. To put things in perspective when we had a major major falling out over her son while my Mom was still alive - and things blew up with police involved - I got so pissed I emailed her at work/home and used many, many unkind words. So she may fear I might behave like that again....

so I copied all of my family on my email advising everyone of the present situation. I acknowledged her request and advised that I would respect that but also noted that as an executrix it was okay for the accountant to use her work email but not me. I put this also on the email to everyone to let them know. Maybe that was unnecessary but I felt it just. I let everyone know I asked her to check the boxes and that I cannot contact her at work and that she will not take my call either, she put it to voicemail.

Have I hurt her so bad in the past (probably) that she 'fears' what I might do?

I am asking for strength because I don't want to lose my steps forward, keep the strength to deal with this like an adult and not an emotional child. I want to respect her request and do what is needed to keep things moving. I advised everyone concerned to 'cover my a$$'. The worst case scenario is copies of documentation can be requested from the tax office if required.

I will continue to rip my house apart but I honestly feel I gave her the documents and have NO WAY to prove it.

AAAAaaaaaauuuuuggggghhhhhhhhh!

Okay, I'm out the door to finish my stuff downtown, breathe and remember I cannot change her, fix her attitude. I can only be responsible for my own actions and remember the fear and pain she must feel inside to behave like this.

Gee, just typing this is making me feel better.

God bless me for being human.

Peggy

Comments (9)