SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tioga_gw

Where Are You?

tioga
13 years ago

It would be nice if members would tell us the locations of some of your beautiful pictures and/or when you speak of weather conditions, etc.

Comments (40)

• angelaid
    13 years ago

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. About two blocks from the hill you see jutting out into the lake here. Love it, love it, love it.

• lavon46
    13 years ago

Wow, look at all those beautiful trees ! Thank you for sharing this picture, its beautiful . I can see why you love it !

• Related Discussions

Now, Where'd You All Go??

Q

Comments (4)
    I want to talk about the things blooming for me and share my secret hiding place! During the summer this lil waterhole about 300 yards from my door dries up, but the rest of the time the water trickling and the laptop can be VERY RELAXING stting there on my big rock! Here are some pics of some of the things I've got blooming. I still have several different kinds of daffodils that will be blooming and tulips will be blooming soon as well! I LOVE THESE! They start out yellow, changing to peach as they mature. The next photo shows this beauty fully opened and mature. AHHHHH The smell of hyacinths! Mmmmmm
    ...See More

WHere or where are you tonight???

Q

Comments (1)
    Oh, yeah... If only they'd let you know-- I've got to make a shopping trip, but have an issues to discuss with the tile guy and I need to talk to the trim guys. Both scheduled Tuesday, neither showed. But the fireplace guys were at the site within 15 minutes of the schedule, which was cool.
    ...See More

ShadesOf Idaho - Where'd you get your nativity set?

Q

Comments (4)
    I remember thinking Idaho's nativity set was attractive but cannot remember exactly what it looked like. I bought this one at Costco last year and saw that they brought it back again this year. Not sure if this is your taste. Here is a link that might be useful: nativity scene
    ...See More

Deedee99, where'd you find that plaid fabric?

Q

Comments (3)
    Too funny! Great minds and all ... I found it on Spruce London (see link below). Go to Furnishing Fabric By The Metre then give yourself a half hour or so to browse. Their fabrics are gorgeous. I tried to find that particular plaid again, but the site is loading very slowly for me. Here is a link that might be useful: Spruce London
    ...See More
  • lynn_d
    13 years ago

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
    This is the Inclined Plane, it saved thousands of lives in the flood of 1932.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Incline

• sleeperblues
    13 years ago

Angelaid, it looks beautiful. Coeur d'alene was just written up as one of the top ten cities to retire to and I can see why!

• alisande
    13 years ago

Rural northeast Pennsylvania. This is not my property, but it probably borders mine. My DS took the photo from atop his 120' tower, across the road from my house.

PS: That Idaho scene is stunning!

• kayjones
    13 years ago

I am in DRY NW Florida. All your pictures are gorgeous!

• casey_nfld
    13 years ago

St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada, as far east as you can go in North America. My house is below:

And these places are a quick drive from my house (some less than 10 minutes):

• User
    13 years ago

Thanks for adding the locations.

• monica_pa Grieves
    13 years ago

I'm in Whitpain township,PA - just a suburb of Phila...very residential, several community parks, top rated school district, private airport and a few small shopping areas.

Whitpain is one of the oldest Townships in Montgomery County, PA. In HolmeâÂÂs Map of 1681, Whitpain Township is called WhitpainâÂÂs Creek. By 1701, when William Penn ordered a survey of all the Townships in the Commonwealth, it appeared in public records as WhitpainâÂÂs Township.
    Richard Whitpaine, a London butcher, purchased a 4500 acre (18 kmò) tract of land as part of William PennâÂÂs "Holy Experiment".

Whitpain Township earned a place in history during the Revolutionary War, when George Washington and many of his generals spent time in the Township. In fact, Dawesfield, a home on Lewis Lane, is considered the most significant historic site in the Township, because it was WashingtonâÂÂs headquarters from October 21 to November 2, 1777.

• sushipup1
    13 years ago

Monica, my son and his family are close to you, in Oreland.

We are inland a few short miles from Moss Landing, California. The link is from a friend's restaurant's website. We eat there almost every week.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moss Landing and vicinity

• marilyn_c
    13 years ago

I live on Chocolate Bayou, which is about 15 miles, as the crow flies, n/w of Galveston, Texas...farther by road. I'm about 45 miles from Houston.

• lavon46
    13 years ago

Looking at all these beautiful pictures, I am going to say I live in the NOT so beautiful desert in southern california, near Joshua Tree.....

• Nita__AZ
    13 years ago

I live in Sierra Vista Arizona, which is in the far SE corner of the state. We are 16 miles South of Tombstone, of Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, Shootout at the OK Corral fame. Our Main Street runs right into Fort Huachuca, which is the home of the Military Intelligence School and Signal Corps. Fort Huachuca was also the home of the Buffalo Soldier back in the 1800's. Our elevation is 4,623 feet above sea level. We are 70 miles SE of Tucson, our temperatures are cooler and we also get snow here in the Winter, although not much.

Here are two views of our city one from the top of a mountain and the other from the highway coming into our area. The last picture is of lightening this Summer. We have some outstanding lightening shows here.

• ronf_gw
    13 years ago

Rural southeastern Minnesota, about 20 miles from Rochester and the Mayo Clinic.

Ron

• ruthieg__tx
    13 years ago

Years back everyone at the kt signed up with their state in their name so everyone would know where we were are from. I obviously am from TX and live in Kerrville, TX which is called the gateway to the Hill Country and is 60 miles west of San Antonio....A very beautiful area.

• FlamingO in AR
    13 years ago

I live just a few miles from this one-lane suspension bridge in Beaver, AR. Our terrain looks just like what you see in the photo. We are about 10 miles from Eureka Springs, in the woods on about 90 acres, no neighbors, yay!

• good36
    13 years ago

We are most know for a long lakeshore of Lake Michigan and dunes. Sometimes I take it for granted......

• whidbeykathy
    13 years ago

Whidbey Island, Pacific Northwest. This was at sunset from Deception Pass Bridge, towards Burrows Bay.

• lydia1959
    13 years ago

A small town an hour west of St. Louis, MO is where I call home.

Neither are my personal pictures. This one is just a few minutes from me.

This is a 35 minute drive from me... vineyards. Beautiful, aren't they?

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

lynn thank you so much for the link to the Incline I had never heard of it before I'd heard about the floods only what an interesting history thanks again

• jel48
    13 years ago

I too, absolutely love where I live. I'm on the Keweenaw peninsula at the tip top of the Michigan UP. The Keweenaw is a small peninsula (maybe 25 x 50 miles) that juts out into Lake Superior. I've only lived here two years and feel like I'm in vacation paradise.

From the top of the 'cliffs' between Mohawk and Phoenix, MI.

View from the top of Mount Bohemia, near Lac La Belle, MI - they activate their chair lift 2 weekends in the fall so that people can ride to the top and see the fall colors!

Eagle River Falls at Eagle River, MI during spring thaw:

The bay near Copper Harbor, MI:

• casey_nfld
    13 years ago

Ruthie that's why I have "Nfld" after my name, so people would know where I was from. However once someone here said they thought I lived in northern Florida (I'm from Canada and I've never seen Florida abbreviated that way before! LOL).

• ont_gal
    13 years ago

I am in central Ontario Canada..no pictures currently.

This area is most commonly known as "cottage country" and is also where a lot of the hunters and fishermen from the States come to in the spring and fall.

Actually,jel48s pics look identical to the area I am in.

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Central Texas on the banks of the beautiful Brazos River.

• Terri_PacNW
    13 years ago

Another view on Whidbey..

This is Windjammer Park..to the locals "City Beach". Kathy's is the Outside of the Island..this is on the inside. If it was a clear day, the marker way out just before the tip of the land on the right would be where you look to see Mt Rainer.

• alisande
    13 years ago

All you lucky people on or near water! Even after all these years here--and loving my old farm and acreage--I still feel landlocked sometimes. I grew up in NYC and summered in Long Island's salt water, while my DH spent his summers on Lake George. He wanted to live near a lake, and this one, 14 miles long (not my photo), brought us to this area:

{{!gwi}}

We had a lot of fun on it, water skiing and fishing, but that was a long time ago. Now my daughter lives on a lake, l7 miles from my house, so at least part of the family isn't landlocked!

I'm enjoying all these pictures!

• carol_in_california
    13 years ago

I live on the beautiful central coast of California......this is just up the highway.

• jel48
    13 years ago

I enjoyed all of the photos tremendously!

A friend posted this link on Facebook and said it was just for me. It's to a really good article about the Keweenaw peninsula (where I live) in winter. Not my favorite time of year here, but a real favorite for a lot of people :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Keweenaw in winter

• mom24
    13 years ago

I'm from Lancaster, PA. We are best known for our Amish farms and families. These two pictures were taken from my back deck. One is our neighbor to the left and one is our neighbor in the back. I love living in such a rural area!

• Jasdip
    13 years ago

Mom24, you should post pictures of your neighbours taking the crops in using horses.

I live in Mennonite/Amish country as well (southwestern Ontario).
    Just 10 minutes out of my city, the highways always have horses and buggies going along the shoulder (the shoulders are paved and wider for them) and there are Belgian horses working the fields.

Almost every laneway has a sign advertising eggs, homemade baking, produce, summer sausage, and maple syrup for sale. And often puppies.

• mom24
    13 years ago

My neighbors are Amish and don't believe in having their pictures taken. It's their religious belief and I respect that.

• Jodi_SoCal
    13 years ago

I live in South Orange County, CA (The OC). I've taken photos all over the world during my travels but have relatively few of my own city or neighborhood. I did take some photos recently of some friends renewing their vows on the lake which is two blocks from our house. This is the lake.

{{gwi:1546629}}

Jodi-

• Jasdip
    13 years ago

Mom24, I didn't expect you to take pics of their faces. Heavens, I live in Amish country, and I know they don't like their pics being taken. I respect that as well.

I've got a calendar, showing local sights, and there's a team of horses in the wheat field. I just thought you might be able to get a pic of what it's like in your area.

• oldgardener_2009
    13 years ago

I'm in western Washington, next to a river. This is our back yard, behind the woodshed.

And this is Mt. Rainier, picture taken down the road about 1/2 mile on my walk:

• mawheel
    13 years ago

These pictures are so wonderful; they reinforce what a beautiful country we are fortunate enough to live in!

I live in WV's Eastern Panhandle, not too far from Harper's Ferry. There are scenic areas all around me, but none like the view of Mt. Rainier. oldgardener, having that to look at on your walk must be incredible. I'm so envious, I could spit!! LOL

• bulldinkie
    13 years ago

Mwheel,I live near you well ,I go to slots there,Charlestown,I live near Gettysburg Battle field.

• paula_pa
    13 years ago

This is a video of my town in central PA. I'm one block away at 3:06. Everything you see in the video is in my town, including the camel!

WARNING! If you don't like roller coasters you won't like watching this video. It will make you dizzy.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Town

• glenda_al
    13 years ago

The Vulcan statue is the largest cast iron statue in the world, and is the city symbol of Birmingham, Alabama, reflecting its roots in the iron and steel industry.

{{!gwi}}

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    13 years ago

I am in my family room thinking about moving after seeing all the great places in which you KTers get to live. Cincinnati is OK, but nothing special. We have a losing baseball team and a probably losing football team. It is pretty with the fall colors, but those are fading fast. I lived in San Francisco and Baltimore. Both are prettier and more cultural than Cincinnati, but Cincinnati is home. Grew up here, left and came back. I'm glad I'm home.

• mom24
    13 years ago

Jasdip,

I meant no disrespect- was just explaining why I wouldn't take a picture of the amish people directly. (Faces or otherwise)