SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sharon_pa

Xmas Gift ideas for Tweens & Teens

sharon_pa
10 years ago

I've got 3 teenage grandsons & my 11 yr old granddaughter-who boggle my mind for gifting every year. The past 2 years..instead of just giving $$$..I did something I thought might be of interest to y'all, who would like to gift in an unusual way.
#1. I took a piece of foam core board & cut it to the size of a small bulletin board. You can cover it w/fabric or paint it, if preferable. I bought a McD's gift card ($5.) to use for the size as my pattern. I cut out red felt Xmas stockings-slightly larger than the gift card. Decide how many you choose to gift & make that many stockings. You can decorate the stockings, once glued to the board. Because I started these in Oct.-it didn't drain my pocketbook-just bought some gift cards each week...to places or things of interest for that child. Movie theatre, book store, the box stores, hobby shop, candy store, etc., etc. I adhered a hook on the back of the board, so they could hang it in their room. They all loved this!

#2. I bought each kid a hooded, zippered sweatshirt. Deciding how much you want to spend on the child..get either one dollar bills or $5 bills to equal that amount. Unzip the sweatshirt wide open and using tiny safety pins..pin the bills all over the inside of the shirt-making sure they're all below the neckline when zipped up & folded in the gift box, so they cannot see them! Pin some in the sleeves too & just catch the safety pins enough to hold the bills so the pins won't show. 2 of my grands weren't real impressed with just the sweatshirt-I never said a word & 3 days later when the decided to wear it? You can imagine their surprise when they unzipped it!

Comments (7)