SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grammahony

Latest Update on DGS Nathan

grammahony
15 years ago

Hello

Well Nathan had another good week. This last week was the 5 days of chemo pills and it all went pretty smooth. After his first night of pills he woke up in the middle of the night with bad stomach pains. He said he didn't feel nauseas, but just bad pains in his stomach. I told him to go back to bed and sleep for a couple of hours. He went to school around 3rd hour and felt fine the rest of the day. The rest of his week went just fine. He also has put back on a couple of pounds that he lost. Hopefully this next week will go good as this seems to be the rough week, following the medication.

Nate has become quit the driver in the last couple of weeks. His first week he pretty much just drove to school. This week he has been driving around to friends houses, going to his campus life group across town, and tonight we let him drive into Omaha to his youth group at the church. This new driving thing just doesn't get any easier the 2nd time around as a parent. I'm just the worried mom that makes him call everytime he gets to his next stop. So far he is doing pretty good.

Nate is getting pretty excited for his trip to Hawii at the end of this month. He is going with 3 other teenagers and one of the nurses from the Children's Hospital. It sounds like the are going to keep them pretty busy with lots of activities. This is a national event put on by "The Sunshine Kids." Kids from other childrens hospitals around the United States all meet at this event. I will keep you updates about this trip when I get more information.

I hope everybody has a good week. Please keep the prayers coming for Nate. He is doing so well.

Stay postive and PRAY

Monica

Comments (5)