SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathyid

Harming your own cause

cathyid
13 years ago

A small kitten was seen being abused. It was picked up and the teenagers seen kicking it ran off. It was taken to a animal rescue group ,who had recently opened a huge reuse store, and animal care facility. They reported the boys had also abused the kitten, with acid being put in its eyes and mouth. It was on all of the news channels and papers in the area. People were outraged and a large fund set up for the care of the kitty, and "education" of the teens, because animal abuse often leads to other abuse. Sad to say the kitty died, after being treated through the weekend.

Now the kicker. Except for the kitty being sick and dying, it was all a lie! Everyone is just livid, and I hope there is a way to prosecute the people running the clinic. The police spent hours interviewing people, trying to find the teens. We have been watching them remodel the old grocery store, that they convereted to their use. The first days after opening, they had huge crowds. We are animal lovers and planned to check it out this week, but if this bunch all knew of this false report and then made the accusations, I'll have nothing to do with it. The local humane society vets looked at it before it died, and said it was an upper respritory infection from the start, but no one wanted to believe they had lied at the rescue group. Sorry to vent, but I just wanted little Raisin, remembered.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths