SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

Rummage Sales Today?

Did any one go today? Cheryl, Amber and I started out pretty early. Went to the ones around Atlanta, IN for the Earth Festival and found a couple that had really nice things and so cheap. I bought 3 Blue Ridge saucers and a matching dessert bowl for $.25 for all, a 10 inch pie plate for $.50, books 5 for a dollar, soft and hard cover, 3 serving bowls two were twenty five each and the other ten cents, 6 pint drinking mugs all for a dollar, a Lefton decorative pitcher for fifty cents and it has pretty pansies on it and trimmed in gold. A lamb head vase that is also a wall pocket for fifty cents, 3 puppy figurines all for twenty five cents, kitchen utensils, metal, five for a dollar and a microwave egg poacher for twenty five cents and a wooden look nut bowl with two nut crackers and the picks all for twenty five cents. The girls got several nice things there also. Before we left the lady asked if she could hug me as she lost her Mother recently and I had bought a lot of her things. So we all hugged and hugged her daughter too.

We also visited my sister's rummage on down the road and they were still setting up. Amber bought several baby things from her cousin's wife. We decided not much need to drive around there as many weren't open until tomorrow. All of us were hungry so since I had fixed sandwiches and things we went to Amber's and ate, took care of the dogs and headed out again.

This time we headed to Fairmount to James Dean Days. I don't think I bought anything there but the girls did. I wanted to go to the cemetery and see James Dean's stone, we did and it took awhile to find it. Amber took a picture of it. It is very small. There were bouquets and pots of flowers and flags and even coins on top of the stone. I finally made it home and now have some of my things washing away in the dishwasher. It has been another fun filled day! How has your day, hope it was fun too.

Sue

Comments (3)