SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheilajoyce_gw

Glenda--frozen pb chocolate covered bananas

sheilajoyce_gw
12 years ago

Glenda, I was looking for another recipe and came upon this. This one's for you--

Frozen Peanutbutter and Chocolate Coated Bananas

Original Recipe Yield 8 servings

Ingredients

4 bananas, peeled and halved horizontally

1/3 cup peanut butter

1 (8 ounce) package semisweet baking chocolate, chopped

1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped

8 ice pop sticks

Directions

1.Insert 1 ice pop stick into the cut end of each banana half. Place the bananas on a wax paper-covered baking sheet, and freeze until the bananas are frozen through, about 2 hours.

2.Remove the frozen bananas from the freezer and spread a layer of peanut butter on each banana. Place the peanut butter-covered bananas back in the freezer for 30 to 45 minutes.

3.Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over just-barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching.

4.Dip each frozen banana in the melted chocolate, spooning the chocolate over the banana to cover it completely. Roll the dipped bananas in the chopped peanuts and place on the wax paper covered baking sheet; freeze until the chocolate is firm, about 1 to 2 hours.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 308 : Total Fat: 19g : Cholesterol: 0mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database

Nutritional InformationFrozen BananasServings Per Recipe: 8

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 308

Total Fat: 19gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 122mgTotal Carbs: 33.5g Dietary Fiber: 4.9gProtein: 7.4g VIEW DETAILED NUTRITION

About: Nutrition Info

.ADVERTISE WITH US ADVERTISEMENT reviews

custom versions

menus

people who saved this

view all reviews �

Reviewed on Aug. 23, 2010 by Jillian

OMG! My niece went crazy for these and so did the other kids - I guess that's why I now claim the title of favorite Aunt! These are so good and the possibilities are endless in terms of what you stick on these. I added some coconut along with the chopped nuts but the kids loved the assortment of rice krispies, dried fruit, M&M's, and colored sprinkles! Was this review helpful? [ YES ]

30 users found this review helpful

OMG! My niece went crazy for these and so did the other kids - I guess that's why I now claim...

Reviewed on Dec. 3, 2010 by LINDA MCLEAN

Oh yum! I'm always trying to find healthy desserts for my significant other who every now and then gets a hankering for something sweet. These are SO good and you're right Kelsey, there are so many possibilities to experiment with. For a lighter and more refreshing treat, I also dipped the banana's into yogurt and rolled in a healthy cereal. Guilt free and delicious. Thank you Kelsey! Was this review helpful? [ YES ]

12 users found this review helpful

Oh yum! I'm always trying to find healthy desserts for my significant other who every now and...

Reviewed on May 22, 2011 by Sunet

These are so amazing! Didn't have popsicle sticks so I just cut the bananas in 4 pieces each. Dipped in dark chocolate. The chocolate froze too fast to put the nuts (I used cashews) on, so the next time I made it I mixed the chocolate and nuts before dipping banana pieces. Also read somewhere that you should use really ripe bananas, that way the banana flavour is really apparent. Was this review helpful? [ YES ]

11 users found this review helpful

These are so amazing! Didn't have popsicle sticks so I just cut the bananas in 4 pieces each....

Reviewed on Feb. 28, 2011 by AmyW.

These are terrific. I ended up putting a layer of Nutella over the frozen peanut butter layer (instead of the melted chocolate chips) and sprinkling the bananas with chopped, salted peanuts. I didn't have any sticks so I just wrapped them individually in wax paper. So good! Was this review helpful? [ YES ]

7 users found this review helpful

These are terrific. I ended up putting a layer of Nutella over the frozen peanut butter layer...

Reviewed on Aug. 4, 2010 by Sarah Jo

This literally is one of those clean-out-your-cupboards summer treats. You can use any kind of chips, you can use Nutella instead of peanut butter, and you can roll it in just about anything. Nuts, sprinkles, granola, cereal.....the skies the limit! Great treat to make with your kids. Was this review helpful? [ YES ]

7 users found this review helpful

This literally is one of those clean-out-your-cupboards summer treats. You can use any kind of...

Reviewed on Dec. 16, 2010 by Manda

Very yummy. Made it for a party, and the kids present loved them. Although, I think my husband liked them more haha. Was this review helpful? [ YES ]

5 users found this review helpful

Very yummy. Made it for a party, and the kids present loved them. Although, I think my husband...

Reviewed on Aug. 9, 2010 by kharis

yummy. i had this for the first time several summers ago. I watched a group of kids munch these down with speed. when I tried one myself. ohh did i enjoy it!!!! LOVE THEM. also taste good drizzled in honey and rolled in cereal. Was this review helpful? [ YES ]

5 users found this review helpful

yummy. i had this for the first time several summers ago. I watched a group of kids munch...

Reviewed on Jul. 7, 2011 by HB

I remember having something like this as a kid, and liking it. That's what made me do a search for frozen banana treats. But based on this recipe, I'd have to say I'm not a semisweet chocolate kinda gal. I would try milk chocolate next time. The peanut butter was very messy to apply to the frozen bananas. I'm thinking melting the peanut butter and milk chocolate together might be the way to go. Or using nutella, like others mentioned, would be good. However, they were also very difficult to eat. Admittedly, I didn't have them on popsicle sticks--they were just little chunks of banana. But the frozen bananas were rock solid. I ate a few that way, then tried thawing them for a bit, but then they got all mushy and kinda gross. I guess this isn't the recipe for me. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad others love it! Was this review helpful? [ YES ]

4 users found this review helpful

I remember having something like this as a kid, and liking it. That's what made me do a search...

Reviewed on Aug. 4, 2010 by Vickygloz

These are so goood! I make them all the time without the PB, but the PB is great! Was this review helpful? [ YES ]

4 users found this review helpful

These are so goood! I make them all the time without the PB, but the PB is great!

Reviewed on Jan. 19, 2011 by Jennifer

Yum! Kids and parents loved these. I didn't want to use peanut butter b/c of allergies so I used Nutella, then I realized that it didn't even need the chocolate over. Just bananas and nutella. Really tasty! Was this review helpful? [ YES ]

3 users found this review helpful

Yum! Kids and parents loved these. I didn't want to use peanut butter b/c of allergies so I...

Uh-oh, looks like no one has created a custom version of this recipe yet. Be the first to do it - make changes to this recipe now!

By: What�s Changed:

Sorry, there are no related menus here yet. To build your own menu using this recipe, click Add to Menu.

Comments (3)