SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21911409

Hoarding

User
13 years ago

I came upon this show when I was channel surfing the other night. It blew me away. I cannot believe people could live like that and not seek help. I had such a situation like that in my family but nothing like this. My reclusive aunt and uncle sequestered them selves away for the last few decades of their life seeing no one and letting no one in. Once my mother and aunt did a surprise visit to this aunt , their sister, and she came outside and told them she didn't want company. They had no children, so when they became ill in their late 80's, my cousin and I stepped in or the state would have. My aunt didn't sleep on her bed because it was piled with stuff. She slept on the sofa on one end since the other end had stuff on it. Uncle 's bed was clean. Their drawers were immaculate as well as their closets and there was nothing on the floors. There just was minutiae from the last 50/60 years. And you would not have eaten food from their refrigerator. There was no odor, but it was sad thinking they lived like this. I think my aunt was either bi polar or had severe OCD. You've got to feel real empathy for these people. It's a psychological mess.

Comments (15)