SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

40 hours, no power, leaning trees and....

FlamingO in AR
15 years ago

Woody out of town, still. Sheesh, that was a long 2 days. Ike blew thru here early on Sunday morning and did a lot of damage, practically the whole county was without power for up to 2 days, maybe longer for some, I don't know yet. I got lucky, it came on last night just as I was getting ready to go to bed at 8 PM because it was dark and I was bored. I'm sure I've lost everything in the fridge that was perishable, but the big freezer was OK, I hadn't opened anything.

Let me tell ya, taking dogs out at night with a flashlight is NO FUN AT ALL! And dark, when the power went out Sunday I was up because all the stuff on the verandah was flying around and I was worried about the huge oak trees in the front yard, if one of them falls on our BR, I would be smished and I didn't want to die in bed. lol Standing up would be better. Anyway, when the power went off, during the storm, it was darker'n dark, I couldn't see a single thing and had to grope my way to a flashlight and then candles, dogs tripping me along the way. They thought it was exciting. Hmmmph. They changed their tunes later as they had to contend with a silent household and a bored mom. No computer, no TV, no lights, no sewing, couldn't even VACUUM, I was that bored. I read outside when the weather was nice, tidied up and scrounged the pantry for food. Note to self- stock more ready to eat stuff! All the good stuff was in the fridge and freezer, couldn't get to it! ALL the chocolate was in the freezer. SHOOT! lol

Anyway, I'm back, I missed you all and now the clean up begins. I've got a debris filled yard, lots of limbs down, trees leaning over and threatening my beloved fence, and no husband for 2 more weeks. Grrrrr. And some of our things decided to not work after the power came on, this is weird, BOTH of our clock radios won't work in any outlets, they don't even try. It's not the battery, either, I tried that. Weird.

Off to wash some dishes, see ya later! Hope everyone else came thru safely and unscathed.

Comments (23)