SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redcurls_gw

Shared laundry facilities - am I being unreasonable?

redcurls
10 years ago

I live in a Florida condo half of the time - the other half I live in another state in a single family home.. Maybe I've just not been used to shared facilites, so I'm thinking perhaps I am the one who needs to change my thinking...and I appreciate anyone's input.

Here's the problem: The condo laundry does not have very hot water for the washing machines. When I say lukeWARM, that's being kind. It is cooler than that. I do not feel that my clothes are getting especially clean, and I worry about germs. I HEAVILY use chlorine bleach on my whites because of sharing the facilites with many people (and this is an over-55 community with some illness) but I can't use chlorine on colors. I have asked the building captain if the water heater could be turned up a bit. It has seemed to fall on deaf ears. One other thing to add: My husband has one kidney. Should I drop the issue or try going "up the ladder" a little? Although each building has it's own facilities, we are part of a major complex in the area. I hate to stir up trouble, but I'm very unhappy with this situation. By the way, each condo has their own water heater...this problem is only in the coin-operated laundry room.

Comments (36)