SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smbh_gw

Late-night working subs - am I being unreasonable?

smbh
13 years ago

Our remodel is going really well so far (knock on wood). We just finished week 2 and they are now taping/getting ready to paint. Cabinets arrive next week. I love my GC. But here's the issue. He has a sub doing the taping/mudding/sanding. The first day of taping, he showed up at 4:30, which I thought was odd - and then he worked until after 9pm! We have 2 young children who go to sleep at 7. We asked him to try to keep the noise down the first night, but it was quite loud (kids' rooms are just above the construction- they couldn't sleep, next day was miserable). We held our tongue. Last night, he didn't even show up until 6:30. He said round 2 wouldn't take as long, but by 8:30, with 2 crying kids and him still going strong, we asked him to call it quits. He didn't seem happy to have to stop mid-way. I sent an email to the GC (a nice one, just letting him know) but haven't heard back. Now I'm freaking out that the taper will be passive/aggressive and do a bad job, do something to the house while we aren't here, etc. Was I wrong to send him home? Should I just chill out? Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

Comments (10)