SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattico_gw

Nice evening tonight

pattico_gw
14 years ago

The weather is so cool...seems like fall already...But it's been getting down into the 50's nearly all summer.

Strange summer.

We went out to eat then took a ride. We went up to one of the old cemeteries. It is the one that has the Black Angel statue in it. General Greenville Dodge had it made and put up there after either his wife or daughter died. She had a dream of death and saw the angel. I believe it has turned black because of age and weather.

I've heard the old stories many times but I've forgotten a lot of it.

The cemetery climbs up a hill that is shrouded by a wooded area. Full of deer. At the top of the hill is a monument with four cannons and a large very tall granite stone. The whole area up there has graves from the civil war time.

Sadly the whole cemetery needs some care. The roads are very rutted. Had black top roads put in at one time but there are spots bigger than a car where the black top is missing and the dirt is eroding.

But I always enjoy taking a ride up there. It is so quite and peaceful and the deer are as courious of us as we are of them.

This time there were a couple of young deer, still with a few spots on them, but nearly grown. They were not too sure about us being there and were very nervous. Waving their tails like flags, they'd run over to the cover of the brush and peek out untill we passed by.

One of my favorite kind of "dates" with my favorite guy...8>)

patti

Comments (8)