SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa11310

Watching my Mom die (sorry need help , not for the weak )

lisa11310
15 years ago

I am sorry, I don't mean to be morbid. I need help. My Sister and I were at my BirthMoms bedside when she died Thursday. I know about death and how it comes from working with many elderly folks and assisting their family in what to expect, though I never had to watch it before in humans. I wont go into details but as I saw it ( while holding her hand and stroking her head)she went as I had described to many. My Sister on the other hand thinks it was painful and horrid. Can someone direct me to a place (other than the hospice nurses) that can describe the events the body goes through in the last few moments. My poor Sister is having nightmares even though I have tried to explain it was textbook. Again I am SO sorry to touch on such a difficult topic but we have been through 4 deaths this month and she is beside herself with grief thinking the end is awful. I need to be able to get her to understand the beauty and peace one feels when passing and that Mom did not suffer during this time. Thanks :(

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022