SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtundermyfingers

Um this takes the cake....wedding cake that is

dirtundermyfingers
13 years ago

I know that I have written before about my younger brother and how we don't get along. (as girlsingardens) He told us a year and half ago that he was getting married and that he wanted my girls to be in the wedding party. My husband and I discussed it and we decided back then that we weren't comfortable having them in the wedding and that we weren't sure that we would be going. My brother is an alcoholic, unfortunately actively drinking, has threatened my husband, sends messages and calls with terrible messages, and has exposed himself to me several times when he was younger. So I decided that my family wouldn't be attending the wedding. I decided on Thursday that someday if we got along I would regret not going so I went down on Friday for the rehearsal dinner and that went fine. That night my brother called drunk and told my mom that he didn't want my family at the wedding. His excuse was that he was still upset the kids wouldn't be in the wedding.

My family was all upset and at first said that if I wasn't able to go they wouldn't either. I was the adult and told my mom that if it was upsetting him, I didn't want to ruin his day. My 4 other siblings and parents all went to the wedding, and now all act like nothing happened and that it wasn't a big deal. But to me it was a big deal. I don't plan on attending family events, going out of my way to the family, or helping them out. I am really ticked off and can't get over it. Am I in the wrong, is it not a big deal?? I had 4 little kids that were crying and upset that their uncle didn't want them at his wedding. I had to explain to them why we couldn't go.

Stacie

Comments (27)