SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheesh

Wedding … cake!

sheesh
9 years ago

Our youngest is getting married in 2016! The problem is that she lives in London and won't be here for most of the leg work - that's up to her daddy and me, with assistance from her sister/maid-of-honot. They expect to invite about 100 guests, and my oldest friend, a retired professional baker, has volunteered to make their cake!

Youngest and her English fiancé met two years ago in Australia, where they were both living at the time. They would like their cake to reflect that they have both lived around the world. Baker friend is thinking about design but would like input, bride says she doesn't care as long as it's chocolate, fiancé wants a sheet cake with a world map in frosting, m-o-h dtr says make it in the shape of a globe, and I'm bewildered.

It seemed like such a good, simple, obvious idea at first. If it's this hard to discuss the cake, of all things, I can't imagine what we're in for with the rest of the details! Dress, invitations, colors, music, food, flowers, venue, hotel accommodations for groom's family, logistics for getting a dozen English adults who won't be able to drive in the US to and from our house in the suburbs (where bride wants to have rehearsal dinner) and their hotel downtown, oy!

This is just a little rant while I drink my coffee. I'm sure things will begin to sort themselves out soon, right?

Sheesh…and though "Sheesh" is my life-long nickname, this time I really mean SHEESH!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!