SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patti43

What's your favorite candy bar?

patti43
10 years ago

I really like ValoMilks. They're shaped like a Reese's cup but have marshmallow cream in the middle. Hard to find except at Vermont Country Store. Next favorite is York's peppermint patties.

Comments (48)

• glenda_al
    10 years ago

#1 Snickers
    #2 Hershey bar with almonds

Those two were my dad's favorites. He always had some in the freezer.

• mary3444
    10 years ago

Patti, have you ever been to the Vermont Country Store. We love going there when we lived in the North East.

I don't have a favorite candy bar but I love chocolate covered cherries, only if they are homemade.

• Related Discussions

What are your favorite salad bar items?

Q

Comments (24)
    Spinach, eggs, bacon, olives, strawberries, manderin orange, seeds, cheese, berries, salad greens, most veggies cukes, broccoli, cauliflower etc, no beets can't stand them. If there's seafood yes, if there's meats possibly. I like to mix a dressing if possible raspberry vinaigrette with a few drops of blue cheese, I also like some ranch dressing. At home I have a bottle of raspberry infused wine vinegar, so good, I use that with just a dollop of Ken's blue cheese. Wonderful. I absolutely love flavored vinegars I have a large selection. I add a few drops to my water bottle, very refreshing, better than a twist of lemon. My favorites so far are the raspberry, pear, and pomegranate.
    ...See More

What Is Your Favorite Candy for Easter?

Q

Comments (38)
    We have a local store that makes 'pigs'. Years ago we had a department store that made them, when they closed the mould and recipe went to O'Sheas. It is a pig shaped piece of coconut creme dipped in heavenly dark chocolate....it's my childhood!
    ...See More

Your Favorite Trick or Treat Candy???

Q

Comments (18)
    OHHH GOSH!! I must go get some of those orange and black wrapped things before their gone Sunday!...their like taffee but taste like honey/peanut butter...sort of like a soft Mary Jane candy...
    ...See More

What are your favorite bar stools?

Q

Comments (18)
    I get a ton of compliments on these stools from Wayfair. They are very sturdy, rustic but work well in my transitional kitchen. The are comfortable enough but may encourage mingling since no padding. I love that there are no moving parts. They are unique.
    ...See More
  • golfergrrl
    10 years ago

Rocky Road.

• gadgets
    10 years ago

If I could only select two, I guess they'd be
    1: Hershey's w/almonds
    2: Payday

Shirley

If truth be told though, I doubt there's too many candy bars I'd turn down.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    10 years ago

Well I can't have them very much these days but I love chocolate bars especially Lindt dark chocolate bar.
    I always liked Zero bars don't see them often now.
    My husband loves the snickers mini bites with almonds and I enjoy one of those every once in a while.

We were at Walmart yesterday and they had these huge bins of boxes of candy you find at the movie theaters, they were in the movie department, I saw Jujubes and had to get a box. I have not had those since I was in school. I didn't know that they are little mini sized candies, not the regular ones I used to get, but it sure brought back memories when I ate some and found my teeth all glued together with the Jujubes! I was flossing and brushing for hours! I did enjoy it though. I think the rest of the box will go away.

• heather_on
    10 years ago

Aero bars and Caramilk bars are two I enjoy. I might have one or two a year.

• Georgysmom
    10 years ago

MilkyWay

• Lizzann_Ar
    10 years ago

Right now, it's Heath bar, before that it was Snickers and Babe Ruth. Depends on the craving.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    10 years ago

Butterfingers! Lived off them in college. I also love Almond Joy.

• carol_in_california
    10 years ago

Cup O Gold

• carol_in_california
    10 years ago

Cup O Gold

• sandiefl
    10 years ago

My favorite is Mallo Cups. They are hard to find. Jim found them at the Cracker Barrel. For my birthday or Easter he will usually buy me some. I also love Dark Chocolate. I usually buy one large Hershey Bar a week and have a couple of squares in the afternoon to give me some energy. I don't think it really works but it a good excuse to have chocolate.

• grandma_bonnie
    10 years ago

U-No bars from the freezer...

• jkayd_il5
    10 years ago

I have a big sweet tooth so I like most candy bars. My favorite is Reese's NutRageous but I can't find it most of the time. That's OK because I know they're probably high calorie. What I do eat with my hot tea after a meal is Hersey's dark chocolate with toffee and almonds. Love them.

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

Milky Way Simply Caramel. Hard to find, but oh, so delicious.

This post was edited by Fun2BHere on Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 20:08

• pekemom
    10 years ago

I bought a Lindt dark chocolate bar a couple of days ago...I'm going
    with the theory that dark chocolate is good for you so I must eat it....

• glenda_al
    10 years ago

Remember maltballs? They came in something like a milk carton.

When son was living at home, I always had maltballs.

• carabubble
    10 years ago

1. Three Musketeers
    2. York Peppermint Patties

• fran1523
    10 years ago

I'm trying to think of one I don't like. I guess Reese's peanut butter cups and Heath bars would be my favorites. I also love licorice.

• Lily316
    10 years ago

Heath bars. I used to love malted milk balls, Glenda.

• lindalou
    10 years ago

cadbury royal dark chocolate bar......so good!! :)

• lindalou
    10 years ago

cadbury royal dark chocolate bar......so good!! :)

• User
    10 years ago

those malted milk balls are now called Whoppers. I like them and reeses PB cups, peppermint patties. they are all good to me.

• teresava
    10 years ago

There are many and so it depends on my mood!!

Milky Way Dark or Dove Dark Chocolate. 100,000 grand is yummy! Take 5 is hard to find.

But strangely enough Tootsie Rolls are the one thing I can't resist. They seem so small and innocent and then I've eaten 20!!

• Sally Brownlee
    10 years ago

It would be hard for me to pick between Heath Bar and Butterfinger....love Whoppers too!

DQ's Heath Bar blizzard is the only klind of blizzard I have ever tried....

• jannie
    10 years ago

Hard- to- find "Sky Bars", which have four separate chocolate sections, each with a different filling.

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    10 years ago

I like a lot of them but favorites are Almond Joy and Mounds. I seldom buy candy though.

Sue

• maxmom96
    10 years ago

Glenda;

Target used to carry really good malted milk balls in their bulk candy section, but within the past year, they've discontinued that. At least here they have.

However, since you have Publix there, check out their bulk candy section, the one with mostly jelly beans. They have some really good malted milk balls. Someone who frequents the same store I do must have latched on to them because they're usually out when I go to get some. Also the display thing will show some in front, but the hopper may be empty. I've been known to go track down a store employee and make them empty the display section for me. The chocolate used in these is really a ton better than those that come in the milk carton-type container.

• coral_ok
    10 years ago

Decades ago, my favorite candy bar was a 7-Up. Anyone remember that one? I seem to remember it being dark chocolate, but I could be wrong. It had seven sections, each with a different center. I especially loved the part filled with some kind of jelly.

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Snickers
    hersheys with almonds
    payday
    butterfingers
    almond joy mounds.
    Kathi,who rarely eats any of these anymore.
    Kathi

• renee_fl
    10 years ago

Hershey Bar with Almonds!

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Twix!

• Terri_PacNW
    10 years ago

Oh just give me chocolate..

Today it was a regular ol Hershey's Bar..in fact I bought the six pack..makes them just about 50cents a piece instead of .68, .79 or even .99...

The boys may or may not be made privy to my purchase....~evil cackle~

• grandmamary_ga
    10 years ago

Milky ways are one of my favorites followed by York peppermint mini;s, Then there is Heath bars followed by pappas opera cream eggs. Usually found around Easter in Cincinnati Ohio. Don't know if they are found nationwide I know that we do not have them in Georgia.
    Mary

• grandmamary_ga
    10 years ago

Milky ways are one of my favorites followed by York peppermint mini;s, Then there is Heath bars followed by pappas opera cream eggs. Usually found around Easter in Cincinnati Ohio. Don't know if they are found nationwide I know that we do not have them in Georgia.
    Mary

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

My favorite candy bar?

Lindt Excellence Intense Orange Chocolate

It lasts forever because son and I only eat one square at a time, savoring it over time. Pick up at the local gas and cash? Reese's peanut butter cups, but only with a Tahitian Treat. Used to get it in high school at day's end. University studying was peanut M&Ms with a Dr. Pepper. Go figure? At work, I get Heath's or KitKat. I like them all!

This post was edited by rob333 on Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 8:43

• justlinda
    10 years ago

Has to be (and has been since whenever) Cherry Blossom.

• juellie1962
    10 years ago

Mr. GoodBar!! :)

Then Twix

• chisue
    10 years ago

Another fan of Lindt 's dark chocolate with orange and almond pieces. A 3.5 oz bar has ten squares and is $2 on sale at Walgreens now. One square satisfies me. Lindt is a Swiss company, but these are made in New Hampshire. Yesterday I bought a new variety, made with cranberries.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Skor

• peoniesandposies
    10 years ago

definitely Skor bars!

I was not a toffee fan until I had my first child (25 years ago). However ever since then I really like toffee and buttery caramels.

• nanny98
    10 years ago

Where are all our Canadian friends????? My Goodness, the BEST candy bar in the world is a Mars bar. Not a USA one. I think I kept three of them in my fridge, eating one per year, after our trip to Alaska, thru BC and the Yukon. Sadly, they are gone, but the memory lingers on! Chocolate as only the 'blokes' make, with caramel....just heavenly. Good thing I live a long way 'south of the border'!

Meanwhile...... Chocolate is my fav.... coffee second, like TJ's Coffee Rio.

• kittiemom
    10 years ago

Ghirardelli's Intense Dark Espresso Escape.

• vannie
    10 years ago

Butterfingers, no doubt about it. Love them in the Blizzards Dairy Queen makes.

#2 Reese's peanut butter cups.

Could eat a handful of both of them right now!!!

• teresava
    10 years ago

Do they still make full size Mr. Goodbar? I don't remember seeing it lately?

• Rudebekia
    10 years ago

Nut Goodie. Like a Bun bar (remember those?) only better. Made right here in MN.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

My all time fav is Hershey's Golden Almond Bar. This is a long, thick bar just loaded with almonds and it is yummy! The chocolate is much creamier than in a regular Hershey bar.

• cheryl_ok
    10 years ago

salted nut roll is mine, I'm not one for sweets but my aunt buys me salted nut rolls buy the box and I have a hard time sharing