SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lydia1959

50th Anniversary Party Ideas......

lydia1959
15 years ago

My parents will be celebrating their 50th soon. I've reserved a private room for 50 guests at a local Italian restaurant already. Here are my ideas so far: We'll pick about 15 entrees (vegetarian, sandwiches, pasta, chicken, fish, salad) off the large menu for our guests to choose from (I'll make up 'new' menus and leave off the prices). Simple decorations would consist of helium ballons in gold and white floating high enough to not block anyones views, mini candy bars (Symphony bars which have the golden foil) wrapped in personalized wrappers scattered on the tables. A memory board with photos of the couple through the years. A memory jar that guests are to place written memories of the couple (these could be read later by my parents in private). In lieu of gifts I thought I could ask for donations to the Toys For Tots program (this will be right before Xmas). I'll make the invitations up with one of my software programs. It will be a surprise party, some family friends will be in charge of getting my parents to the restaurant. I'll take photos or put my DD in charge of that and get copies for my parents. There will be a cake.

Is it okay to have a toast without wine??? There are very few 'drinkers' that will attend and we also would like to keep the costs down. I thought I'd give my brother or nephew the job of presenting a toast.

Other ideas (pictures would be great too!) or improvements on mine??? Like my ideas so far OR hate them??? You can be honest (I won't cry much. lol).

Comments (16)