SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Saw Something Awful- Post Trauma Stress?

jannie
11 years ago

Tuesday I woke up early and got in my car to drive to my local diner for a cup of coffee, maybe some breakfast? On the way, driving, I saw a little dog run across the street and get hit by a car. He was horribly injured but conscious. I immediately stopped. two other women ran over-the driver of the car who hit him, another witness, and myself. The police came, talked to us, decided it was an accident and the driver was not charged with anything.She was crying. The owner was found, he picked up the dog and said he was going to his vet (the same vet I go to). I called the vet later in the day to inquire about the dog, he had to be put down. Since then I am haunted by visions of the accident. Three seconds later and I might have been the one that hit him. I can't get it out of my mind. I have other problems-my husband is an invalid,I'm facing surgery in September, my daughter is having trouble with her fall college schedule. So I have plenty to think about. Yet every time I relax even a little I see the dog. I've called my sister, she says just keep busy. I'm missing my Mom who died a year ago January, she would have comforted me. I'm a mess. I know eventually I'll get past this. I'm thinking it's post traumatic strees. Any words of sympathy or advice would be appreciated.

Comments (13)