SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Car Insurance question

Kathsgrdn
14 years ago

Was just wondering if anyone could answer this. I plan to call my insurance company later this week but would kinda like to know now. Alex called his father last night to ask about getting one of his vehicles. He is planning on getting his driver's license soon. He said his father is going to keep the car in his name and he will pay his father back for the insurance costs.

I don't think they are going to put Alex on as the main driver of the car. Will he be covered if he gets in an accident? Or is it just like loaning your car to a friend for an extended time? I had asked my insurance company last year if I had to put him on mine while he was learning to drive and they told me at that time, no, not until he got his license. If he isn't going to drive my car, do I still have to put him on my insurance if he isn't going to drive my car, even though he will be living in my house? I know this probably differs from state to state but was wondering what you all thought and what did you do with your teens?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert