SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
casey_nfld

I'll Show You Mine, If You'll Show Me Yours, Wednesday Thursday A

casey_nfld
13 years ago

Yesterday my 2 sisters and I went to a lighthouse picnic in Ferryland. It's an hour drive from the city then a 15 minute walk along a dirt road/trail. You place your order (we had reservations, a good thing because there were a lot of people there) and they give you a blanket and a signal flag. You choose a spot on the grassy/rocky hill around the lighthouse and stick your flag in the ground. They deliver your picnic basket to you. We watched whales spouting in the ocean and at one point a whale jumped right out of the ocean (breached). Unfortunately we only saw the huge splash and not the actual whale but others saw it. We also saw a local television personality shooting a segment for the evening newscast called "Places to Go". After they finished shooting they walked past us and stopped and the cameraman asked if he could film us, so he did. It will be on tomorrow evening's news, not sure if we'll make the edit or not. Here are a few pics:

The picnic was orzo salad, ham, brie & apple sandwich on oatmeal bread and your choice of 7 desserts (I had gingerbread with sauce, my sisters had pineapple cake & apple cake). All served with fresh lemonade. The food is fresh and prepared right in the lighthouse, they even bake the bread at the lighthouse.

Comments (11)