SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evatx

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

evatx
15 years ago

Both Barbara and I thank all of you so much for your thoughtfulness and the cards you've sent to her. I printed out your responses to my request for good thoughts and made them into a card, and she was beyond pleased.

She had a double mastectomy on Tuesday, July 15th and I stayed in the hospital with her the 2 nights she was there. I took her home on the 17th and made sure she had home health care plus physical therapy set up, then I came home late Saturday.

Her 19 year old son is on leave till August 1st with the Army; his 19 year old wife and 8 month old baby have been living with Barbara while he was in basic training. They will be stationed in El Paso when he finds housing for all of them.

Her 22 year old son just graduated from Texas Tech and will be home with Barbara for the summer. He will be a great help to her.

She has been doing and feeling much better than expected and is getting up and around well.

However, she went to the dr. today and found that 9 of the 15 lymph nodes removed during surgery are malignant. :(

After another 4 - 6 weeks of healing, she will start more rounds of chemo and then radiation. We were praying for benign results, but she is strong and as upbeat as she can be.

Again, thank you for being such good friends.

Comments (8)