SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susan_on

Coworker problem update

susan_on
14 years ago

Well, I've spoken about my problems with this coworker, Nadine recently. Two weeks ago she did something very mean to me. It affected me, and one other girl. I can't think of a single reason why she would have done this, but it is the kind of things she does to people from time to time. So I decided that things were going to change.

I thought about how I was going to handle it for a whole week. I maintained polite interaction with her in the meantime. This was important to me as a professional, but I also think she is trying to "yank my chain", and I don't want to play into her hands.

Anyway, I decided to refer the 55 people to her as my supervisor has been asking me to do. I haven't referred them, because she hasn't even been doing the job she is supposed to be doing anyway, and she keeps pushing it off on my. When she doesn't do it, the clients suffer. Anyway, I've started to refer (which is a big job). I've also started refusing to book her clients for her, and issue funds for her clients, as I've been doing since January 2008. She noticed right away, and hinted that she was wondering what was going on. I just said that I was leaving it (the work) between her and her clients.

I sent an email to my supervisor, advising that I was referring those people, and would refer all of the bookings, issuing of funds (for her clients), adding electronic records for her clients, and all related work back to her. He was VERY happy and let me know it.

She has taken this very badly. She is refusing to issue funds to her clients and keeps referring her clients back to me. I am referring them back to her. The poor clients, I feel badly for them. She also undermined a plan I had with one of MY clients, and, it's a long story, but it was a nasty thing to do, which caused this man hardship and inconvenience.

I reported these things to my supervisor, and he asked again if I wanted to talk to her alone or with him. I said I would not be discussing these things with her, because I'm not the supervisor, and he can deal with it or not, but at least he knows what's going on. I told him that I would discuss problems with anyone else in the department (about 170 people) but her, as I have seen her bad reactions in the past and won't subject myself to that again.

She's stomping around and giving me "attitude", but I'm just doing my work. I have to remind myself that my caseload is going to be a mess for a while, with me leaving her to do her own work, but I can't do anything about that.

I do happen to know something she has done that is grounds for automatic dismissal (and it's verifiable), but I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that. You can't "put the genie back into the bottle", and I hate to be a part of someone's dismissal, but I sure wish they would stumble on it themselves!

I think it's going to be bumpy for a while...

Comments (46)