SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Don't we get some just oh-so-marvellous letters occasionally?

joyfulguy
14 years ago

I received a window envelope today, bare except for being addressed to "current occupant".

On opening it, I found a scissors-detachable "Payday Certificate" at the bottom of a legal-sized sheet, offering me a guarantee of at least "Two hundred and sixty dollars" ...

... and assuring me that I've been pre-approved ... as "The Cash Store cash advance centers" reiterated in the banner headline at the top of the page, also assuring me of, "No Hassles. No credit checks". Local address ... but they used U.S. spelling style for their logo.

When I bring in certain items (pic I D, verification of earning rate and current address verification) ...

... I can walk out with the money!!

Rental rate on $100. for 14 days is ...

... $22.26 ...

... and for the $260.00 is ...

... $57.88!

Heck ... that'd pay the interest on my fully-secured Line of Credit, at 2.25%, for 25.72 years (assuming that I paid the rent month-by-month) at the bank: I prefer 25 years to less than 14 days (as their office isn't open at midnight).

They can call their entity a "Store" if they like ... but I'd call it a rental office!

I'd offer to send the certificate to you ...

... but ...

... it's "NOT TRANSFERABLE".

Sorry - you know that I like to be helpful, when I can!

They'll cash cheques for 2.5% - "lowest industry rate", offer a "Freedom" Mastercard ... and will allow me to transfer money via Western Union for minimum of 5% off of their usual wire transfer rate.

Aren't those impressive offers?

And just imagine ... to a plain ordinary Joe like me!

Have a great week - avoid the clutches (that's "teeth") of the loan sharks!

ole joyful

Comments (7)