SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Greetings, all, during a great journey.

joyfulguy
15 years ago

Greetings from St. Andrew's College, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.

I'm sitting in the library of the seminary from which I grad 55 years ago. Hey - I even have enough on hand to leave them a donation ... even larger than last year (you've heard of "blowing a gasket"? They just blew a boiler).

See, I've been telling you that frugality pays!

I visited my SIL, niece and nephew in Edmonton, after the small auto problem.

I'd looked for the name of the company in the local phone book without success, but that means little, as the oil guys may be headquartered anywhere and travel all over the place.

Nephew did a search and find that they have eleven locations in AB.

Two of the four colleagues from Korea days who live in this part of the country have passed from this dimension of life recently.

The widow of the couple who shared house with Sue and me just after our marriage sold her house and lives in a retirment home in that village - I had a nice visit with her yesterday, as I started on the return journey ... then had a visit with Danielle and Jason in their (temporary) home in Saskatchewan (after midnight) ... hope he doesn't fall asleep at work today.

Altered plan, to revisit Saskatoon, visited a church where I used to lead youth group, and another colleague from Korea days, who had a stroke a couple of years ago. She knew me instantly. Haven't been able to contact a couple of former clergy friends ... or my niece, unfortunately.

I expect to leave here later today, have a visit with brother and SIL that hosted the reunion early tomorrow, then head back to Ontario.

I need to arrive there at the beginning of the week, as I need to leave for North Carolina and Georgia by mid-week, for the reunion of former Korea missionaries begins on Friday, runs till Sun. noon, then I'll visit niece for a couple of days.

I hope that you've had an interesting, worthwhile and enjoyable week (with a bit of fun thrown in for good measure).

ole joyful

Comments (15)