SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gazania_gw

Can you believe this crap! Medicare! (long)

gazania_gw
15 years ago

In late June persons in limited areas of the country were notified by Medicare that on July 1st a Competive Biddibg Program for providers of Durable Medical Goods would take effect. We were told that we must now get such supplies from pre approved by Medicare suppliers and a list of such was given. The list was very short. We were given just 5 days notice to find a supplier who then wanted new RX's and some detailed papers to be filled out by your doctor. I scrambled getting things together for DH's diabetes supplies and spent many hours on the phone getting nowhere most of the time as I am sure thousands of others did.

So, what did we get in today's mail? "An important message from Medicare" the letter begins.

"In late June 2008, Medicare mailed you a packet of information about a new Competive Bidding Program. The program started July1, 2008, and affects the way you get certain medical equipment and supplies. Congress has acted to delay this new program. Because of this delay, the information in that packet is no longer correct."

It goes on to say "if you changed your supplier when this new program started, you can continue to use the new supplier or choose another".

Needless to say, I am absolutely livid! We were forced to leave a very satisfactory supplier as most other people in the targeted test areas had to and accept what products those pre-approved suppliers offered. Like only one brand of blood testing meter is being supplied by those winning bidders in this program because it is the cheapest.

I posted about this back in late June...if you want any more info here is the link to that post.

Here is a link that might be useful: #&%##**&% Medicare

Comments (2)