SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Germany/France trip pics-set 15

Kathsgrdn
14 years ago

Giant slug above Idar-Oberstein, Germany, where we went on a mine tour:

Siberian tiger at the Koln zoo:

We also went to Dachau, but I didn't take a lot of pictures because I had lots of them from a previous trip:

The Broadway Keno (movie theater) in Landstuhl Germany, where mostly Americans go to. It was the same place I used to go when I was stationed in Germany, only not as nice looking and with bigger theaters. The popcorn wasn't nearly as good as I remember either. ( :

Courtyard between the hotel and restaurant of the place we stayed the night before my co-worker left and we left. The last night we were there, our hosts got drunk but still kept the place open and running. It's a little family owned place and the woman running the bar/restaurant was drunker than a skunk early in the afternoon. Then we ate dinner in the restaurant and went to pay the bill, the guy (woman's brother) was drunk too. They must've been celebrating something. Mine and Lauren's room were right over the courtyard, it was hot so we kept the windows open all night, and they were partying with their guests quite late. I didn't have any trouble sleeping, though, because most of the places we stayed in Germany were like that.

Hahn airport/old base with abandoned U.S. buildings. This is one of the maintenance units right outside of 127, it might be the one I worked at because I remember the other two were further into the base, ours was right outside the back gate, but they've changed 127 around so much and the old base that I can't really tell.

This is a hanger they used to keep F-16s in. We had one loaded with nukes in our amu at all times with armed guards and several rows of barbed wire around, along with a yellow line that if you stepped across you got jacked up and had to explain why you were doing what you were doing. You'd be surprised by the number of people that stepped over that line!

Paddle boating on Bostalee:

Comments (4)