sleeperblues

Casey Anthony acquitted

sleeperblues
12 years ago

I can't believe it.

Comments (41)

• joan_mn
    12 years ago

Me, either. If it wasn't deliberate, it surely was accidentally, which means she should at least have been found guilty of felony child endangerment.

• sleeperblues
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry, didn't mean to re-post. When I clicked on my bookmark I didn't see anything posted on the trial. Must have needed to refresh.

• Related Discussions

Way off topic Casey Anthony

Q

Comments (15)
    I was surprised by the verdict but sort of relieved in a way. Had the state charged her with a lesser crime like involuntary manslaughter then I truly feel she would have been found guilty but they went all out for the death penalty and that's where they messed up. Wishing death upon someone is wrong and malicious and in the end is vengeful not justice. Casey is clearly a troubled young woman that must have had a disturbing child upbringing for her to behave the way she did after her daughter's death. I read all the negative comments out there on the web regarding the case and it just disturbs me by the amount of hate so many have against someone they don't even know personally.
    ...See More

Casey Anthony case

Q

Comments (16)
    Just watched the ABC World News' update on this case. The anchor commented on how the Anthony's support of their daughter has waned significantly since Casey's accusation of molestation at the hands of her father and brother. Seems as tho Casey is willing to put her parents/family through whatever hell she deems necessary in her own twisted mind in order to avoid prosecution. Did I hear correctly that she wanted her parents to use the reward money to post her bail? What a sick, sick, sick girl. Her daughter was still missing at that point and all she wanted was to be set free. Speaks volumes of her character or lack thereof IMHO. I feel terrible for her parents. They seem to have made a very nice home for their unwed daughter and grandchild. How awful it must be for them, especially Mrs. Anthony. IRC, she originally placed the call to the police about the vehicle having been missing, and the subsequent "odor" in the car being similar to that of a dead body. From what I've seen, I believe Mrs. Anthony is/was a nurse? Sadly, the tapes of the parents visiting their daughter in jail were played. That girl was treating her parents terribly from the moment she was arrested. I can only imagine that this was not new behavior. With regard to the death penalty, it was reported that unless/until the prosecution can prove that Casey in fact murdered little Kaylee, she will not be subject to the death penalty. I do think it would be a shame if the prosecution offers Casey a plea. Especially if the plea is in exchange for a confession or details of what happened to her daughter. At this point I don't think it matters, the child is gone. As far as I can tell, Casey will say/do anything, notwithstanding whether her testimony is truthful. Kaylee's mother definitely played some role in at the very least, the coverup as to the where, when and how's of her young daughter's demise.
    ...See More

Nancy Grace should get over Casey Anthony

Q

Comments (17)
    She is always saying that "Tot Mom" is wanting millions to be interviewed, just how does she know this???? She has never spoken to her. I don't know how some of these talk show hosts get away with telling such stories and the sad part is people believe them to be telling the truth. Nancy is always screaming about what a liar Casey is, but she is telling lies nightly on her show.
    ...See More

Diane Downs/Casey Anthony

Q

Comments (3)
    I did see the TV movie. Farah did a marvelous acting job. What a chilling story. The similarity I see is, both women seem to not have any compassion, able to feel guilt and are narcissistic. Didn't one of the prosecuting lawyers take in/adopt at least one of Diane's children ?
    ...See More
  • mare_wbpa
    12 years ago

I think she's guilty too but there's no proof of how the poor little girl died. There's reasonable doubt, obviously in the eyes of the jury.

• minnie_tx
    12 years ago

I just told DS before that I thought she'd walk lik OJ I think she can still serve time on the lying charges.. Put her in with a bunch of inmates and see how sshe does.

I will refue to watch her on any forthcoming talk shows

• bulldinkie
    12 years ago

How much time for lying ,just slap her hand but you know she has a good memory they said shell have to remmember her little girl rotting,smell for the rest of her hopefully miserable life.

• alisande
    12 years ago

Was it a capital murder case? If the jurors knew a guilty verdict might sentence her to death, they'd be likely to back down if the evidence weren't overwhelmingly compelling.

• dotmom
    12 years ago

I, too am shocked. Go figure. she will probably walk, Thursday, with time served for the guilty verdict of lying to the Police. There is one more judge she'll have to face.....someday, and He will already knows her guilt or innocence.

• mboston_gw
    12 years ago

Yes, they could have found her guilty of 1st degree murder, 2nd degree or manslaughter.

I can't believe she wasn't found guilty of at least manslaughter. And we still don't know what really happened - I just wonder how her parents feel. They must be relieved that their daughter won't be sentenced to die or even spend time in prison. They are saying that the guilty charges for lying to police are misdemeanors and she could get time already served.

Now how do they going to find out the truth. There are 3 people who know and I bet at least 1 of them lets it out of the bag in the future.

• lynn_d
    12 years ago

MSNBC's experts are saying that we need to remember that the jury was not privvy to a lot of the back end story and speculation that we have been and because of that they most likely were not able to convict without a shadow of doubt. I do not doubt that is true, but those of you who watched the trial would be better able to respond to that.

Dotmom is right, the final judge in this case is one who already knows the truth and He is the one that will have the last judgement. If she did it (and I think she did) I hope that Caylee's trusting eyes are the last thing she thinks about each night and that her laughter lives on in Casey's ears for the rest of her life.

• linda_6
    12 years ago

If only the spirits could talk. If they could talk look at all the money saved from these rediculous lawyers and commercials.

• debo_2006
    12 years ago

I'm totally disgusted!!!! If it was an accident, anyone would call the police and report it was such. She didn't, but rather covered it up and lied, lied, lied. From what I'm hearing, even if she gets the full 4 years in jail for lying, she will more than likely serve only one, and that's if they don't let her go free on Thursday from already serving 3 in the slammer. Sick, I say, sick!! Justice was not served.

• oldgardener_2009
    12 years ago

What a shame. Of course, no one will bother to look for the "real" killer.

• renee_b
    12 years ago

Oldgardner... Just as OJ searched all the golf courses looking for Nicole's real killer, Casey will be searching all the Orlando's nightclub's looking for Caylee's real killer.

• minnie_tx
    12 years ago

One lawyer/analyst said tht the minute you pick your jusry your verdict is decided.

I'd hate to be that jury now Dotmom is right

• foggyj
    12 years ago

All the defense attorney had to do, was insert- the slightest degree of "reasonable doubt", and that's what he accomplished. just like Johnnie Cochran, in OJ's case. This is sickening. The jury should have gotten her on child abuse charges.
    Some times I believe juries do think the defendant is guilty, but because of our justice system, they must let the laws prevail.

• caroline1947
    12 years ago

Im in shock!!! That baby did not tape up her own mouth and put herself in a bag in a swamp...someone did it and who is the most likely suspect??? I am sickened. I dont know how those that acquited her can ever sleep at night again.I have no faith at all in our justice system.They should hang their heads in shame.Casey is propbably planning a big party as we speak. I feel for her parents,but I hope they dis-own her. I love my kids too,but if one of them did what she did I would want justice at any cost.Casey Anthony harmed so many people,and caused such un told pain. She may have gotten off for now,but she still has to face her maker.

• country_bumpkin_al
    12 years ago

It'll be interesting to see how Casey does out in the real world...away from the protection of guards and bars! I wouldn't want to be her!

• okwriter
    12 years ago

An Oklahoma City pharmacist was recently found guilty of killing a punk who was robbing the business. Yet Casey Anthony walks. Thankfully, God is the ultimate judge and jury.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pharmacist Guilty

• lazypup
    12 years ago

Unless you have served on a jury in a murder trial you really can not begin to understand what goes through your mind during the deliberation phase.

I once served on a jury where a man & woman had been separated for about 10 months and undergoing a bitter divoce until she was found sexually assaulted and brutally murdered in her own bed.

After her death hubby was arrested and brought to trial. The circumstantial evidence against hubby seemed overwhelming and he had no alibi.

During the trial the prosecutor produced a witness that had seen hubby arrive at the house in late afternoon, riding in wifes car. The vehicle had been seen going out and back in twice before midnight but the witness could not testify as to who was driving it.

At noon the next day a housekeeper found the ladies body, and no major signs of a stuggle. The ladies skull had been crushed but no sign of a weapon.

The defense presented a bar tender as a witness who knew the lady very well and he said he had seen her in his bar tht night with another man but to the best of his recollection she had a disagreement with the man and she left the bar alone. The other man leaving about 30 minutes later.

Prosecutor pointed out that her house was locked and he conjectured that the hubby probably still had keys to the house. Could have parked on another street and snuck in through the back door sight unseen.

Defense contended that she had a number of BF during the separation and any one of them could have a key.

We deliberated 5 days and you can rest assured the discussions in the jury room got very heated at times. To tell the truth, I thought hubby was guilty as hell, and I stuck by my guns but there was always that one nagging thought, what if I am wrong, what if somebody else did do the deed and my vote could send an innocent man to the electric chair? After a rough 5 days we returned a verdict of "not guilty". Did I truly think him not guilty, not no, but hell no, but on the other hand, I would sooner see 100 guilty people walk as one innocent go to prison. At least I could sleep with the final descision.

Eight months later another man was arrested for an armed assault and attempted murder of a woman and during questioning he admitted that he had been the one who actually killed the lady from the trial I sat through.

• susie53_gw
    12 years ago

She might have been acquitted by this jury but her life is over. Where is she going to go that someone won't call her baby killer? She threw her own parents and brother under the bus during all of this. All their lives have been destroyed by this. All the lies she has told tells it all. She will have to answer to someone in the end..........

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Wonder if Tony Lazarro will take her back to New York with him? I swear I saw him go up to her and give Casey a big hug while she was getting finger printed, he was dressed in a suit and tie. Did they both get away with it?

• Georgysmom
    12 years ago

I was shocked but then again, not shocked. Does that make sense? I think the prosecutor's were a little over zealous going for a murder and death penalty verdict. Based on their evidence, I think they would have been better off going for an involuntary manslaughter charge. I think it was an accident....not accidental drowning but I think she wanted to party, tried the chloroform and taped the mouth in case she woke up and instead, the poor little thing never woke up. I really don't think she set out to kill her child but we'll never know.

• SunnyDJ
    12 years ago

The system has failed once again....Even if it was an accident, which I don't believe, you don't throw away the body...Isn't there a law about abusing a corpse?????I certainly hope the people that served on that jury are able to sleep at night....I'm sure Ms Anthony will have no problem......

• susanjf_gw
    12 years ago

they're asking for porch lights on for caylee tonight...

• bulldinkie
    12 years ago

dAid you see mom & dad get up and leave at the end??

• kayjones
    12 years ago

As I said on another thread, Casey would do well to stay out of the public eye - if not, IMHO, she will be here today and gone tomorrow - someone will permanently do away with her.

• JOHNSONcdl_EARTHLINK_NET
    12 years ago

Casey Anthony is dancing on her child's grave. But dance while she may, remember OJ and even Micheal Jackson . God is not mocked . She will be judged and will not get away with the lies she has been allowed to get away with. That jury could have at least charged her for littering. Such a miscarriage of justice . The jury knew they were wrong. This is why they are hiding.

• Chi
    12 years ago

They are smart to hide. There are a lot of angry people out there who don't understand how the legal system works. It's not the jurors fault - they are obligated to make their verdict based on the FACTS, not what they think might have happened.

On my Facebook I see people saying they hope Casey gets shot in the head. It's pretty awful. I hope none of the jurors face retaliation.

• wildchild
    12 years ago

There was no evidence to convict on. It doesn't matter if one thinks she did it. No DNA, no blood, no evidence that she abused the child, witnesses for the defense that were quite easily able to shoot down the prosecution's theories.

Being a liar doesn't make one a murderer. Neither does being a partier or a bad mother. if that were the case a good 20% or more of mother's would be doing time.

I don't know if she did it or not but I know that charged based on speculation and whether people find someone likable or not do not serve justice. Good for the jury for doing what's right. Our legal system must be based on facts, not emotions to work.

• bulldinkie
    12 years ago

They said she may get out of jail Thursday, oh my gosh..as I sit here thinking about today the verdict Im still in shock.I just cannot believe all you have to do is look on internet of her neckin with girls,guys,drinking,partying and you know the little girl was in the way.Enjoy your beautiful life I hope it can be what you want after killing little Caylee.Remember her dead,how she died,the smell...Shell be in her own prison.

• samkaren
    12 years ago

I agree with everyone. What I thought of was what poor Caylee was thinking at the end. Was it "Mommy - help me" or "Mommy - why"

RIP Caylee

• justme4now
    12 years ago

Caylee Marie Anthony
    August 9, 2005-c. June 16, 2008
    (aged 2)

• justme4now
    12 years ago

Being a liar doesn't make one a murderer.
    Neither does being a partier or a bad mother. if that were the case a good 20% or more of mother's would be doing time.

Insert Husband or Father into your above statement and you might change your mind.

There was less evidence in the Scott Petersen case but .. because he was a guy who 'slept around', lied and didn't 'act' as if he cared that his wife was missing .. He was convicted!

• zeetera
    12 years ago

Was it Nancy Grace who said the devil is dancing tonight?

• arcy_gw
    12 years ago

The doubt is unreasonable. All reason says she is guilty!! Reasonable doubt says she was negligent, and then covered it up!! Sadly it is not against the law to not love your child, to chose your boy friend over your child, to not miss your child. Legal "neglect, endangerment" is far beyond what most would think. The question is will there be a civil case? Is there a grandmother, dad someone who will miss this child enough to take mom to court for the loss they have to endure due to her "mothering"? Like OJ she would lose in Civil court. They could at least tie her tubes so she doesn't ever do this again!!

• dotmom
    12 years ago

As I said in another post, Our justice system is only as good as how much money you have to pay for a high priced lawyer. How many guilty people have gotten off because they had a slick mouth piece. Example: OJ, Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton, many athletes. Now the two so-called celebe bimbos didn't murder, but have thumbed their noses time and again at the law and got off. So if you plan to break the law, make sure you have a lot of $$$ that will get you off, to break the law another day.

• Chi
    12 years ago

Good lawyers do make a big difference and there's generally a correlation between good lawyers and how expensive they are (not always but usually). To me, that doesn't really show any flaw in the legal system because verdicts are based on the evidence. It's the lawyers job to present the evidence in a way to benefit their clients and some lawyers are better than others. Prosecution and defense is a lot more complicated than people believe. I see nothing wrong with hiring the best lawyer that you can. People always have the option to represent themselves.

It's sort of like with doctors. If you had to have brain surgery and you had the choice between the local surgeon and the top neurosurgeon in the world, wouldn't you want the best? But if insurance didn't cover him and only the rich can afford it, does that mean it's wrong for them to pursue it?

• sheesh
    12 years ago

Not Guilty does not mean innocent, by any means. Like lazypup, I, too, served on a jury that found the defendant Not Guilty. Our deliberations were much as lazypup described hers, very heated at times, but we could not convict because there was not absolute proof of his guilt. My case was not murder, though. Emotions and hunches are not enough to convict, thank goodness.

Good post, lazypup.

• Kathsgrdn
    12 years ago

Listening to the defense lawyer yesterday irritated me when he said Caylee "passed on" too soon. She didn't pass on, she was murdered.

• sleeperblues
    Original Author
    12 years ago

"They could at least tie her tubes so she doesn't ever do this again". Please, what a ridiculous statement. Are we living in Nazi Germany, where people are sterilized just because we want them to be?

Emotions are really running high on this verdict. It was the prosecution's job to prove their case, and they unfortunately didn't or couldn't. I don't think it helped to have Ashton laughing and smirking in court. Perhaps he should have retired before this case, not after.

• xminion
    12 years ago

As I stated on another post, the jury didn't have that CSI moment that would exonerate their own guilt for having to convict her.

Anyone who would agree to be sequestered for at least one month on a high-profile case doesn't have a life, or is looking to cash in after the trial, or is insane or all three.

CSI and the movies have ruined the credibility of circumstantial evidence.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!