SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Twenty Five Years Ago Today

jannie
10 years ago

Twenty five years ago, July 29 was a Friday. I woke up as usual, took a shower, packed some leftover chicken for my lunch at work. DH and I then drove to work (our offices were several miles apart). Had an uneventful day but noticed a few minor cramps during the day.I was pregnant with our first child but not due for two weeks. Ate my chicken for lunch, we drove home together but stopped on the way home to look at outdoor redwood furniture. We picked some out an arranged to have it delivered the next week. I was getting more and more uncomfortable. So I phoned my doctor around 9 at night, he said go to the hospital, I'll meet you. The nurse who first examined me said "You'll have this baby before midnight". Good, because I was scared by the horror stories of two and three day labors. Our daughter was born at 10:30 that night, Friday July 29 1988. When I called my office Monday morning to tell them, everyone was amazed I had worked a full day then gone home and had my baby. She's now a beautiful college graduate, looking for a great full-time job in Fashion/Textiles.

This post was edited by jannie on Mon, Jul 29, 13 at 23:31

Comments (8)