SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debo_2006

Do you have LTC insurance?

debo_2006
14 years ago

I've been reading so much to learn about Long Term Care Insurance to make sure it's right for us. My gut is telling me we should have this. I've become quite educated about the subject from reading on-line and getting in touch with various sales reps to gain more knowledge. And with people living longer these days, more of us will need help later.

My biggest fear is that should we need assistance in our older years, we have no children or family that will care for us - not that they'd want to anyway. I saw my mother go through hell when she cared for her husband at home all while she was fighting breast cancer. It was tough on both of them and they both were nasty with each other. While she did have a health worker come in daily, it was still a strain. She had to move him to a home after awhile just to have a break. Home care is what more people prefer, rightfully so, but knowing there's an option to move to an assistant living or other facility eases the mind, if we get the insurance. I'm big having things in order for my older years should I make it that far.

I prefer to get it now since premiums are alot higher if we wait until our late 50s (now 49/51). We're not in a position to self-insure either.

What's your experiences with this type of insurance or any comments you care to share? Thanks.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor