SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heatherinohio_gw

Reusable grocery bags, and stains on carpet

heatherinohio
13 years ago

I just wanted to come on here and share some interesting tid-bits with my KT friends.

First of all, I know I've told you all this before but I am going to say it again in case anyone missed it. RUBBING ALCOHOL is a miracle worker when it comes to getting stains out of carpets! And in my own experience, I have found that it works great at eliminating cat pee odor. AS I mentioned a few days ago, we recently moved. Before we moved in I rented one of those rug doctors and shampooed all the carpets in the apartment. There were some stains that would NOT come up. Well I went and bought some rubbing alcohol and today I mixed some with hot water in my bucket and scrubbed the stains lightly and all of them disappeared! Who knew? LOL! I guess I already knew I just forgot about it for a minute. :)

Secondly, I came across this article about reusable grocery bags and found it disturbing. I suppose it is common sense though. While I DO have the reusable bags, I tend to use them more for other things instead of groceries. I have used them for groceries a few times though. And I have never once thought to wash them. Do any of you wash yours? I definitely will now though. Here is a link to the article.

Have a great night everyone!

Here is a link that might be useful: Germs In Reusable Grocery Bags

Comments (22)