SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chi83

Carpet stain help! (possible TMI)

Chi
12 years ago

So I was recently witness to my cat vomiting a large amount of bright red contents onto my white carpet. Luckily it wasn't blood as I initially feared, but rather my cat somehow got into the bright red Wilton candy melts (he chewed through 3 bags to get them - never in a million years would I have thought he would go after them!)and threw them back up. They're basically made out of sugar and red dye.

I had a vet appt the next day for an unrelated matter and the cat was fine. My carpet, not so much.

I've tried everything. Baking soda, vinegar, peroxide, Blue Magic, which is the best carpet cleaner I've ever tried. It helped a little but it's still a big patch of dark pink and very noticeable. I rent too, so I imagine they will make me replace the entire carpet if I can't get it out.

Any suggestions? I plan on getting a professional carpet cleaning before I move out but I'd like to get rid of this stain now. I prefer more natural over chemicals but any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz