SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gneegirl

Surgery Side Affect

gneegirl
14 years ago

OK, I think I've come through the thyroidectomy OK. It was touch and go afterward because of a sudden case of hypocalcemia, and I was rushed to the hospital as a critical patient. Three more days in the hospital. Now I have to just get over the paralyzed vocal cord. That I've been told will probably be OK soon. The one thing, I have not had a cigarette since the 9th!! I know that sometimes you want to cigarette, no matter what. Since the surgery, I have had a few small pangs but mostly, it's been, I'm never smoking again! I did have an abnormal CXR but don't have any idea what it shows. The report is supposed to go to my PC but she is off this week. Her office told me that if it was serious, that someone would contact me. But, the smoking cessation was mainly my body not wanting to smoke. I hope it stays that way. Wish me luck! The other positive - my blood sugar has been oh so normal, without taking my diabetes meds!! The Doc told me that my thyroid was in pretty bad shape and she had a very hard time removing it. I guess it was affecting a lot of things. As soon as I woke up from surgery I could tell I was feeling better. Let's hope that lasts!

Again, thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers from my initial post. But I just had to do the Happy Dance that I'm not smoking!

gneegirl

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022