SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danihoney

Give me strength...how do I tell him?

danihoney
15 years ago

When my husband gets home this afternoon I have to tell him that a long time friend and firefighter he worked with for YEARS, shot and killed himself this morning. They were young fathers and young firefighters together in our old town.

This is a sad day - It happened in the small town we lived in and his fellow firefighters had to respond to the call. I just don't know how to grasp such a thing. As soon as the word started to spread among the guys still there, they said "someone should call (my DH)" I am so glad I got the message on the answering machine first. I could tell it wasn't good. When it started with "Hey buddy this is your ole fishing pal, something happened today..." Then he said he would shoot him an e-mail. I jumped right on the phone and said "PLEASE don't do that, I'll tell him." Now I really wish I didn't have to do that, and I really wish we still lived closer. That little firehouse was our extended family. We all took care of each other. They are the one thing I have missed the most.

Sometimes I really don't like being an adult. Always trying to avoid the darkness in the world.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz