SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodi_socal

Acupuncture

Jodi_SoCal
11 years ago

Growing old sucks. I have so many health issues that sometimes I'm shocked I manage to get out of bed every day and hold down a demanding job with impossibly long hours. ugh.

Anyhow ... I have been suffering from sciatica in my right leg for the last three years. Been on Predisone twice which helped for a short while. Last week it started in my left leg. double ugh.

My lower back on each side (not the center of my back) has been locking up (spasms I guess) for a few weeks. It will hit with no warning whatsoever and totally debilitate me for about 20 mins.

I've decided to try acupuncture to see if it will relieve the sciatica and lower back pain.

I also have severe spinal stenosis in my neck and recently suffered hearing loss in my right ear, which I think is from bone spurs pressing on some aural nerve. A work up from an ENT could not explain the loss, but a couple hearing tests indicated I did indeed lose some of my hearing. At first it was about 80% loss but has slowly come back and I'd estimate I have only a 20% loss now.

I've had two acupuncture appointments this week. Both went well but the I felt a lot more discomfort during the second session. I had 20 needles in me at the first appt and 30, the second. I'm scheduled to go again next Thursday.

Has anyone tried acupuncture?

Jodi-

Comments (33)